call for submissions: cream city review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2011
      cream city review is a non-profit literary magazine devoted to publishing memorable and energetic fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, and comics that push and undermine the boundaries of stable definitions of “literature”. The magazine also features reviews of contemporary literature and criticism, as well as author interviews and artwork. The publication is an established biannual that attracts both readers and submissions from around the world. We now accept online submissions athttp://www.creamcityreview.org/submit/

      We are currently seeking poetry submissions for 2 upcoming issues. We have one open issue, and one issue dedicated to the theme "Labor."

      Please indicate in your submission if you would like to be considered for our open issue or for the "Labor" issue.

      "Labor"
      What's fun about the theme of "labor" is that it can mean a lot of things. It can refer to work of all kinds. It can mean manual labor, or it can refer to your high-paying job in marketing. It can refer to work you do in the house and outside. It can be emotional labor. It can be volunteer labor. It can refer to the labor of reading and of writing. Submissions can also be related to labor movements, current or historical or both. It could even be about going into labor.