call for poems: Stillwater Review

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011
      Last Call for Submissions

      The Stillwater Review
      Submission Guidelines

      Following is a list of general guidelines for submitting poem manuscripts to The Stillwater Review. Follow these guidelines carefully to ensure your poems receive full consideration. The deadline is November 15th, 2011.

      1. Include no more than 1-3 poems per submission.

      Because of the large volume of submissions to SR, and our desire to give every poet a fair reading, we are asking that you keep to our submission guidelines. Electronic submissions only:
      <poetrycenter(at)sussex.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

      2. Please indicate if your poems are being submitted elsewhere.

      We generally only pull poems from consideration if there is a conflict with another journal at the time of acceptance, but it is still nice to know.

      3. Please Do Not Send Previously Published Work.

      Previously published work is any work that has been through an editorial process and has appeared or has been accepted to appear either in print or online.

      5. Please Do Not Send Unfinished Work.

      Please only submit work that is ready for publication. If a poem is accepted it will be published as is. Any revisions to an accepted work will subject it to editorial scrutiny and could possibly result in its exclusion from publication.

      6. Include contact information on each poem.

      This goes for either mail or online submissions. Please place your name, address, phone and email address on each poem submitted. Poems continuing onto a second page should be indicated as follows:
      Name
      poem title, page 2
      no stanza break ( if you intend none).

      7. You can expect to hear from us by the end of January, 2012.