call for poems and nonfiction: SWEET

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2011
      Sweet publishes emerging and established writers three times a year--September,
      January, and May. Past contributors include: Lee Martin, Tim Seibles, Lee Ann
      Roripaugh, Ann Panning, Aimee Nezhukamatathil, Nin Andrews, Dinty W. Moore.

      Sweet seeks only poetry and creative nonfiction, graphic nonfiction and anything
      in between. Sorry, fiction writers! We read submissions all year. Simultaneous
      submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately if your work has
      been taken by another literary journal (we'd like to be the first to
      congratulate you). Our preferred submission size is 3-5 poems. For creative
      non-fiction, we prefer 2-3 short-short creative nonfiction pieces or one longer
      one. Essays should not exceed 1,500 words total.

      For Graphic Nonfiction: Sweet welcomes submissions of previously unpublished
      nonfiction cartoons, graphic narratives and photo essays that demonstrate both
      artistic and literary merit. We are interested in traditional forms and new
      innovative techniques. Submissions can be in color or black and white. Please
      format submission in a single .doc, as a .pdf or a .jpg series.

      We accept submissions through our online submission manager. Please include a
      brief cover letter and bio with your submission. Also, after sending us a
      portfolio of work, please wait to hear back before sending another.

      http://sweetlit.submishmash.com/submit

      If you have any questions, email: <editors(at)sweetlit.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)