poetry and fiction chapbook contest: Gold Line Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2011
      Submit to Gold Line Press's fiction and poetry ChapbookCompetitions!
      http://www.goldlinepress.com/

      Fiction 7,500-15,000 words; Poetry 20-30 pages.
      Writers ofwinning chapbooks receive $500, publication of perfect-bound chapbook withISBN, and 30 copies sent to authors, literary magazines, and other venues forreview.

      Nov. 1 deadline. For complete guidelines, visit www.goldlinepress.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2012
        Gold Line Press's 2012 Poetry & Fiction Chapbook Competitions are now open for submissions! Submit your manuscript on or before SEPTEMBER 30, 2012.

        Each winner receives $500, publication of her/his perfect-bound chapbook with ISBN, and 10 contributor copies.Gold Line Press sends out an additional 30 copies on behalf of winners to respected literary venues for review. Winners can purchase additional copies of their chapbooks at cost.

        Poetry manuscripts should be between 20-30 pages, not including table of contents. The Poetry Chapbook Competition judge this year is MARK IRWIN, author of Tall If.

        Fiction submissions should be between 7,500-15,000 words. The Fiction Chapbook Competition judge this year is DANA JOHNSON, author of Elsewhere, California.

        A $15 reading fee ($18 for overseas) applies and, if your manuscript is not selected for publication, you will receive a copy of the winning chapbook in spring of next year. For full competition guidelines and to submit your manuscript, please visit:

        http://goldlinepress.com/contest

        Gold Line Press is associated with the USC PhD Creative Writing & Literature Program with the aim to promote the work of emerging poets and fiction writers, as well as to promote / elevate the chapbook form. The Gold Line Press editorial board does not adhere to any specific aesthetic approach. We seek out voices that deserve to be heard by a larger audience, whether those voices speak in formal or experimental verse.

        Our chapbooks are created with the intention of producing an elegant, perfect-bound book. Overall, our goal is to showcase exceptional emerging writers and reward them not only with publication, but also with broad distribution of their work to reviewers and bloggers. While most chapbooks have received only limited exposure in the past, our aim is to make the chapbook a more relevant medium and a truly useful tool for new writers who want to bring their work to a broader audience.

        Feel free to pass this along to anyone who may be interested! We look forward to reading your submissions.

        Best,

        The Gold Line Press Staff
        http://goldlinepress.com