environmental writing contest: Flyway

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2011
      Notes from the Field Contest

      Entries due: November 4, 2011

      http://www.flyway.org/contests/

      http://flyway.submishmash.com/submit

      Do questions of environment play a role in your writing? Have you
      discovered hidden or submerged evidence of the natural world in
      cityscapes and urban landscapes? Do you find yourself writing short
      stories and personal essays that have a focus on place and the
      environmental imagination? If so, please submit your prose to
      Flyway’s Notes from the Field Contest.

      SUBMIT:

      Fiction or creative nonfiction

      WORD LIMIT:

      3,500 words

      AWARD:

      The winner will receive $200 and publication in Flyway: A Journal of
      Writing and Environment.

      The first runner-up will receive $50.

      READING FEE:

      $19 (includes a one-year subscription to Flyway)

      We will be accepting entries through our online submission system,
      Submishmash. Please visit flyway.submishmash.com/submit to send us
      your work.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 25, 2011
        The deadline for Flyway magazine's annual contest "Notes From the
        Field" is November 4th, so send us your place- or environment-based
        prose! We're interested in anything up to 3,500 words that involves
        one's place or environment, as well as imagination, of course. Work
        can be submitted online, and the winner will be awarded $200 and
        publication in Flyway. To submit, or for more information, visit our
        website:

        http://www.flyway.org/2011/10/05/2011-notes-from-the-field-contest/