call for submissions: Hinchas de Poesia

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2011
      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

      Hinchas de Poesía(www.hinchasdepoesia.com) seeks submissions of poetry, short fiction, and art for their fifth issue.The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2011; we foresee publishing the fifth issue online by the end of November, 2011.

      * * *
      Hinchas are Spanglish speakers,18-45, who grew up in populous Latino exurbs (Miami,Los Angeles, D.C.) and may or may not watch soccer, butknow to call it fútbol. Hinchas are the homicidal fútbol fanatics of Latin America, particularly of the Argentine variety.Hinchas are denizens of the Americasand like Jose Marti do not distinguish between North and South America.

      * * *
      Our previous issues have featured work by James Cervantes, Campbell McGrath,Kristine Chalifoux, David Spicer, Luivette Resto, Tomaž Šalamun, YaddyraPeralta, Abel Folgar, Chip Livingston, James Iredell, Nick Vagnoni, and StephenPage.

      * * *
      GUIDELINES:

      Please provide a cover letter telling us the title(s) of submitted work,current contact information (full name, mailing address, telephone number(s),e-mail address), and previous places where you’ve placed your work.

      Please see the following link for complete instructions.
      http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/Hinchas/Hinchas_html_pages/Hinchas_submit.html

      We will only be accepting submissions through the Submishmash onlinesubmission manager. The url for the Hinchas portal is:

      http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit
      ***
      HINCHAS PRESS:

      All of our titles have ISBNs and are available through MagCloud; you can flip through our print-on-demand codices via the Hinchas Press portal
      http://ycura.magcloud.com/

      Their newest iteration is Postcard Feat #2, a collaboration of postal art between poets Yago S. Cura and Jim Heavily, that speaks to the restructuring and possible extinction of the United States Postal Service, a hallmark of Americana.
      http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/176532

      Gracias/Thank You!!!

      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2012
        ISSUE #7 OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

        Hinchas de Poesía (www.hinchasdepoesia.com) is currently soliciting submissions for issue #7. The deadline for submitting work is July 25th; we foresee publishing issue #7 by August of 2012.

        Hinchas is an online digital codex dedicated to contemporary Pan-American writing. Hinchas are Spanglish speakers,18-45, who grew up in populous Latino exurbs (Miami, Los Angeles, D.C.) and may or may not watch soccer, but know to call it fútbol. Hinchas are the homicidal fútbol fanatics of Latin America, particularly of the Argentine variety.

        A short list of writers published between our digital pages includes: Tomaz Salamun, Campbell McGrath, Melinda Palacios, Yaddyra Peralta, Lous Bourgeois,

        Luivette Resto-Ometeotl, Guillermo Castro, Stephen Page, Nick Vagnoni, David Spicer, Chip Livingston, James Cervantes, Kristine Chalifoux, Bojan Louis, Shana Wolstein, Flavia Cosma, and M.G.Stephens.

        Our reading period for our fall issue will run from Monday, May 21st, 2012 until Monday, July 25th 2012. Multiple submissions are permitted, but please do inform us if your work has been accepted elsewhere.

        Poetry: Please submit up to three previously unpublished pieces. Please include your name, contact information, and the titles for your poems. All questions regarding poetry and poetry submissions should be directed to <heavily(at)hinchasdepoesia>.

        Prose: Typically, we request that fiction submissions not exceed three thousand words. For issue #7, we request that submissions of micro-fiction not exceed one thousand words. Please include your name, contact information and the title of your piece(s). All questions regarding fiction and fiction submissions should be directed to <gonzo(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>.

        Translations: Please submit up to three previously unpublished translations alongside the work in the source language. Please include your name, contact information, and the titles for your translations; in addition, submit the name of the writer you have translated, their publisher information, and the original titles you have chosen to translate. All questions regarding translations and translation submissions should be directed to <yago(at)hinchasdepoesia.com> .

        Artwork: Please send art as a .jpeg image 2400 pixels wide (high res.) at a 72 dpi. To ensure compatability, please only attach images as .jpegs; please ensure that attachments are no larger than 24 MBs; if you are sending multiple images that exceed this capacity, send images seperately. All questions regarding art and art submissions should be directed to <Jennifer(at)hinchasdepoesia.com>

        Book Reviews: We request that reviews not exceed one thousand words, and that the subject, title, publisher, and year of publication appear clearly delineated. All questions regarding reviews and submissions of reviews should be addressed to the respective editors.

        All submissions are handled through our Submittable account:

        http://hinchasdepoesia.submishmash.com/submit

        or through our website under the “Submissions” tab. We look forward to reading your best work; if you have any questions, please contact us at <info(at)hinchasdepoesia.com> (replace (at) with @ in all email addresses).

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2014

           Submission link: http://www.hinchasdepoesia.com/wp/submit/

          Hinchas de Poesia, a digital codex of contemporary Pan-American writing & art,
          is pleased to announce the launch of Hinchas CATORCE, celebrating five years
          on-line. Talented poets featured in this special issue include Campbell McGrath,
          Cynthia Hogue, Norman Dubie, Luis J. Rodriguez (recently named Poet Laureate of
          the City of Los Angeles), Claudia D. Hernandez (whose photographs also appear in
          this issue); Alejandra Sanchez, Alan Michael Parker, Jenny Mueller & others. We
          have a selection of outstanding fiction by Donna Vitucci & Lara Sterling; Thelma
          Reyna reviews Richard Blanco's "For All of Us, One Today: An Inaugural Poet's
          Journey" & Matthew Schmidt reviews "<legend> <legend>," a collaboration between
          Justin Petropoulis & Carlos Gannis.

          See for yourself at www.hinchasdepoesia.com.

          We are also pleased to announce that Chip Livingston will serve as guest-editor
          for Hinchas QUINCE. A talented writer, author of two books of poetry &, most
          recently, a collection of short stories entitled "Naming Ceremony," Chip is also
          on the faculty of the low-residency MFA program at the Institute Academy of
          American Indian Arts. We look forward to having Chip's energy & unique vision
          shape our next issue.

          Join us in celebrating this special issue of Hinchas de Poesia. & "like" us on
          Facebook!

           --- On Mon, 11/3/14, Jim Heavily <jimheavily@...>

          jimheavily@...> > Subject: Fw: Hinchas Announcement > To: crwropps-b@yahoogroups.com > Date: Monday, November 3, 2014, 5:00 PM > > > > > Dear Moderator; > > > > Would you be so kind & post the following > announcement > > in your next newsletter. > > > > Many thanks. > > > > Jim Heavily > > Poetry Editor > > Hinchas de Poesia > > > >           > > > ******************************************************* > > > > Hinchas de Poesia, a digital codex of contemporary > > Pan-American writing & art, is pleased to announce
          > the > > launch of Hinchas CATORCE, celebrating five years > on-line. > > We have a parliament of talented poets featured in > this > > special issue, including Campbell McGrath, Cynthia > Hogue, > > Norman Dubie, Luis J. Rodriguez (recently named
          Poet
          > > Laureate of the City of Los Angeles), Claudia D. > Hernandez > > (whose photographs also appear in this issue); > Alejandra > > Sanchez, Alan Michael Parker, Jenny Mueller & > others. We > > have a selection of outstanding fiction by Donna > Vitucci > > & Lara Sterling; Thelma Reyna reviews Richard > Blanco's > > "For All of Us, One Today: An Inaugural
          Poet’s
          > Journey" > > & Michael Schmidt reviews "<legend> > > <legend>," a collaboration by Justin
          Petropoulos