one year fiction position: Illinois College

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2011
      The Illinois College English Department seeks applications for a
      Visiting Assistant Professor position in writing, beginning August
      2012. The position is for one year, with a definite possibility of
      another year. The new faculty member will teach fiction, new
      media/journalistic writing, and introductory writing. Experience with
      other genres, such as scriptwriting, playwriting, and nonfiction is
      also desirable.

      Illinois College is a liberal arts college dedicated to student
      opportunities for excellence and success. We emphasize experiential
      learning, service and leadership, and helping students move towards
      professional careers. We hold our students to high standards and work
      hard to ensure that every student can learn. Applicants must have a
      strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, publishing, and the
      liberal arts. The College is located in Jacksonville, Illinois, a
      historic town 35 miles from Springfield.

      Applicants submit a letter of application, CV, undergraduate and
      graduate transcripts, a statement of teaching philosophy, and three
      reference letters to the Office of Academic Affairs, attn. English
      Search Committee, Illinois College, 1101 West College Avenue,
      Jacksonville, IL 62650, or to <elise.meyer(at)ic.edu>. Review of
      applications begins November 1, 2011, and continues until the position
      is filled. Illinois College is an equal opportunity employer and
      encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and women.