fiction writer sought: Warren Wilson College

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2011
      Warren Wilson College: The Undergraduate Writing Program of Warren
      Wilson College seeks a fiction writer to join our faculty and assist
      us in shaping our growing program. The Writing Program, which exists
      alongside and shares faculty and courses with the English Department,
      offers a creative writing major and minor with tracks in poetry,
      fiction, and creative nonfiction. In addition, the Writing Program
      houses first-year writing and a Writing Center, supports a literary
      journal, and hosts a reading series and twice-a-year
      Writer-in-Residence.

      This is a full-time, entry-level position in an extended contract
      system with a 3-3 load. All regular writing faculty teach broadly,
      with courses that include introductory and advanced multi-genre
      classes, tiered single-genre workshops, first-year composition, and
      occasional first-year seminars. Faculty in this position will also
      develop readings courses in their expertise that contribute to a
      category of genre-study through immersion in contemporary literatures.

      We seek candidates with an M.F.A. and/or Ph.D. in Creative Writing and
      Literature (in hand by August 2012). The successful candidate will
      have significant and relevant publications, evidence of excellence in
      and commitment to teaching undergraduates at a residential college,
      and the expectation of continued creative and/or scholarly work.

      Warren Wilson College, known for its low-residency MFA, is a tier-one
      nationally ranked, independent liberal arts college organized around a
      unique Triad education of academics, work, and service; current
      campus-wide initiatives emphasize sustainability thinking and
      interdisciplinary teaching. (Learn more at our website:
      www.warren-wilson.edu.)

      Interested candidates should submit (electronically) a cover letter,
      c.v., and statement of teaching philosophy to Academic Affairs
      <creativewritingsearch(at)warren-wilson.edu> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail) (Warren Wilson College, PO Box
      9000, Asheville, NC 28815-9000). Review of applications will begin
      November 1, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.

      We desire a diverse faculty and a community that reflects a global
      outlook. WWC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed,
      religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, marital status,
      disability, or sexual orientation.