flash contest: Switchback

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2011
      Switchback is proud to announce the start of our monthly Flash Contest. Each month we will be giving you a prompt and we want you to give us your best work inspired by that prompt. The winning entry as decided by our editors will then be featured on the site. Submissions can be fiction, nonfiction, poetry, or even art, so long as it's amazing and 500 words or less.

      The September prompt is: "He knew he should never have come here..."

      • Contest submissions can be poetry, fiction, nonfiction, or even art.
      • Submissions must be 500 words or under.
      • Please send us only one submission per prompt.
      • Please submit only previously unpublished works.
      • We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere.
      • The deadline for submissions is the last day of the month.

      Visit www.swback.com for more information.

      SWITCHBACK is a publication of the Master of Fine Arts in Writing Program of the University of San Francisco.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2012
        Each month for the past year, Switchback has provided a prompt and asked readers to send in their best work inspired by that prompt. Switchback will be retiring the flash contest in September, so August is your last chance to submit. Contest submissions can be poetry, fiction, nonfiction, or even art but must be 500 words or under. Please send us only one submission per prompt and only previously unpublished works. We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your name DOES NOT appear on the submission itself. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm on the last day of the month.

        The final prompt is: "The end."

        Visit http://www.swback.com for more information.