call for submissions: Artistica

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2011
      Artistica is the quirky little ‘zine with a nostalgia for the underground of the 60's and 70's. Featuring poetry, flash fiction, serials and visual arts, Artistica welcomes submissions from around the world.
      The ultimate goal of Artistica is to build community through the poetic musings, flash-in-the-face fictions, and curiously intimate visual dialogue of its contributors and to reinvigorate the frank social discourse of the underground, counterculture aesthetics of the 60's and 70's. In other words, it's trippy. And pretty.

      General guidelines - There is no particular theme. We prefer to let the threads organically so the ‘zine evolves on its own from the submissions we receive, and the tapestry is woven by you, the artists. Do not be afraid to be irreverent, satirical, experimental, politically incorrect or fearless. At the same time, do not send hate filled diatribes, porn or anything that exists to belittle another.

      Poetry submissions - send 3 to 5 poems. We generally publish poems no longer than one page (roughly 30 lines) but we do make exceptions, so send your best work regardless of length. Previously published and simultaneous submissions are welcome.

      Fiction submissions - send one to three short pieces of flash fiction (between one and two pages preferred.) Long pieces are welcomed but will be broken into installments and published in serial format. All genres are welcomed.

      Visual art - all genres are welcomed, but graphic art, illustration (comics), collage and mixed media are especially welcomed. Please send up to 5 piece or ideas at a time. We prefer to receive these as high resolution jpegs or jpgs, at 300 dpi. If you aren’t sure what this means, send your best work anyway and we’ll figure it out!

      We welcome experiments and statements so if you have an idea that exists outside of the typical publishing format, send it to us!

      Please e-mail submissions to Zachary Kluckman at <zgkluckman(at)msn.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)
      zgkluckman@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2012
        Web Site:

        www.wix.com/physicalpoet/artistica

        The ultimate goal of Artistica is to build community through the poetic musings, flash-in-the-face fictions, and curiously intimate visual dialogue of its contributors and to reinvigorate the frank social discourse of the underground, counterculture aesthetics of the 60's and 70's. In other words, it's trippy. And pretty.

        General guidelines - There is no particular theme. We prefer to let the threads develop organically so the ‘zine evolves on its own from the submissions we receive, and the tapestry is woven by you, the artists.

        Do not be afraid to be irreverent, satirical, experimental, politically incorrect or fearless. At the same time, do not send hate filled diatribes, porn or anything that exists to belittle another.

        Send all submissions to

        <artisticamag(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending email). In the subject line of the email please write the genre of your submission and last name (i.e. Poetry Submission-Smith).

        Poetry submissions - send 3 to 5 poems. There is no limit on length, but we tend to get distracted easily by shiny things, so longer works must smack us dumbfounded. Previously published and simultaneous submissions are welcome.

        Prose submissions - send one to three short pieces of fiction, non-fiction, or memoir (between one and two pages preferred.) Long pieces are welcomed but will be broken into installments and published in serial format. All genres are welcomed.

        Visual art - all genres are welcomed, but graphic art, illustration (comics), collage and mixed media are especially welcomed. Please send up to 5 piece or ideas at a time. We prefer to receive these as high resolution jpegs or jpgs, at 300 dpi. If you aren'’t sure what this means, send your best work anyway and we’ll figure it out!

        Book Reviews – If you’d like to submit a book review, please query first! Include the author, title and a brief description of the work for our consideration and we will respond within a few weeks to let you know if we’re interested in seeing the review.

        All rights return to the author upon publication, though Artistica reserves the right to archive accepted works for up to 6 months and include them in future print editions.