poetry book contest (women): Perugia Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2011
      http://www.perugiapress.com/contest.html
      Online submissions manager:
      http://www.perugiapress.com/submgr/index.php

      Perugia Press Prize
      for a First or Second Book by a Woman
      Prize: $1000 and publication

      Please read through the general submissions information below and then read ouronline or paper submissions guidelines.
      Eligibility

      Poet must have no more than one previously published book. Chapbooks and books in other genres do not count.
      Translations and previously self-published books are not eligible.
      Poets who have had manuscripts reviewed by Perugia Press editor Susan Kan are not eligible to enter.
      Individual poems many have been published previously in magazines, journals, anthologies, and chapbooks of fewer than 48 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished.
      Simultaneous submissions are fine. Notify Perugia Press if accepted elsewhere.

      Process

      Manuscripts are generally between 45 and 80 pages. Please submit manuscripts that fall within or close to this page count. Use 8.5 x 11-inch white paper with legible typeface, pagination, contents, and no more than one poem per page.
      A non-refundable entry fee of $25 must accompany each submission. You may submit more than one manuscript; each is considered separately and must include a separate entry fee.
      Entry must be mailed between August 1 and November 15. Winner is announced in writing by April 1.
      All manuscripts will be recycled or deleted at the conclusion of the competition. Please do not send your only copy.

      Judging

      To be certain that manuscripts receive the fairest consideration, all manuscripts are submitted to the judging panel anonymously. Take care to follow instructions so that we can remove your name.
      All readers are trusted and respected by Perugia Press.
      We adhere to the CLMP Ethics Statement. See below.

      Online Submissions

      Submitting to us online is easy, saves you money in postage, and saves trees.

      Fill out our online submission application using our online submission manager. Please read and follow all instructions on the online submissions page.
      Make your payment of $25 using your credit card at our secure site.
      Remove identifying material (name, address, email, bio, etc.) from the file you attach.
      Click confirm after you submit your manuscript.

      By Mail

      Please include two cover pages: one with title of manuscript, name, address, telephone number, and email address, and one with title of manuscript only.
      Cover letter and bio not required. Publications acknowledgments may be included.
      Include a $25 check or money order made out to Perugia Press.
      Fasten the pages with a removable clip.
      Send manuscript and fee via USPS (not FedEx or UPS) to:
      Perugia Press Prize
      PO Box 60364
      Florence, MA 01062