call for submissions: CaKe

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
      CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

      Cake, a journal of poetry & art from Florida A&M University seeks submissions of poetry, fiction, interviews, reviews, and art (b/w) for its sixth volume, to be printed in March/April 2012.

      An emerging journal, CaKe has featured work from Amiri Baraka, Campbell McGrath, Samiya Bashir, Timothy Black, Uche Nduka, and Terese Svoboda. We are a small journal from the English Dept. at Florida A&M University that likes diversity and difference; we publish students and established writers, first-time writers and seasoned academics. All submissions are also considered for our online mag, SLICES, haveasliceofcakepoetry.blogspot.com.

      GUIDELINES

      POETRY: Submit up to five poems in one doc. as an attachment. Please also send a bio, phone number, and mailing address.

      PROSE: Submit up to 15 pages of prose as attachment in one doc. Please also send a bio, phone number, and mailing address

      BOOK REVIEWS: SHORT. As attachment. Bio, address, phone.

      ART: We prefer black and white. Send as jpeg.

      Response time is slow and may vary. We are a very small staff, and do our best to give you a timely response.

      *Put your last name, genre, and submission in the subject line. For ex: Snodgrass_Poetrysubmission

      Please send submissions to <cakepoetryandart(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail)

      To purchase a journal, please mail a check for $7 payable to Cake to:

      Cake, a journal of poetry & art
      Dept. of English
      446 Tucker Hall
      Florida A&M University
      Tallahassee, FL 32307

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2014
        CaKe is now accepting submissions of poetry, prose, interviews, art (Jpeg), and book reviews.

        Please send as attachment with short bio and description of work to

        <cakepoetryandartATgmailDOTcom>

        Deadline January 9, 2015. For more info, email Kristine Snodgrass at kristine.snodgrassATfamuDOTedu.