call for Bay Area (CA) poets: 10000 Poets for Change

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2011
      We are seeking submissions for TEN THOUSAND POETS FOR CHANGE,
      http://www.bigbridge.org/100thousandpoetsforchange/

      This amazing world-wide event is happening on Saturday September 24th and has been recognized as the largest poetry reading in history. Poets will be reading in cities across the globe in a demonstration/celebration of poetry to promote social, environmental, and political change. We are organizing an event in Berkeley and looking for poets to read in a performance that begins at 8pm that evening at the Subterranean Art House, http://subterraneanarthouse.org/.

      If chosen, you will be reading along side Poets Mama Coatl, http://www.reverbnation.com/mamacoatl Chris Cole http://disembodiedpoetics.com/ , Jenny Overman http://jennyoverman.com/ and
      Sam Pierstorff http://www.slamonrye.com

      All poetry read this night will be archived at Stanford University.

      Please submit 1-2 poems, 2 pages MAX, (we will not read more than 2 pages) please include a short bio, and send you submissions to:
      <nightgirlpoetry(at)gmail.com> by August 29, 2011. Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail.