poetry contest: Gerald Stern Poetry Prize

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2007
      Poetry Contest: The Gerald Stern Poetry Prize

      The Dirty Napkin announces the first annual Gerald Stern Poetry Prize
      2008 Editor: Gerald Stern

      Each year, The Dirty Napkin will sponsor the Gerald Stern Poetry Prize. In
      Gerald's own words, we want poems that show "courage, audacity, originality,
      humility, intelligence, and honesty." The winner will receive $250 and a book
      chosen by Gerald Stern. Submissions must be received by 1 March 2008 in
      anticipation of an April announcement. You retain the full copyright of your work and
      should we decide to publish it on our website, we will request your permission.
      Here are the guidelines:

      1. Submit a 4–8 poem manuscript. All work should be previously
      unpublished.
      2. Submit a $5 application fee, deposited securely through Google
      Checkout (you will be directed there via a special link after submitting your
      manuscript).
      3. Include your contact information on the cover letter only.

      The Dirty Napkin accepts online submissions only. To find out more, please
      visit www.dirtynapkin.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2009
        The Dirty Napkin, on online literary magazine featuring Poetry, Fiction and Letters announces The Second Annual Gerlad Stern Poetry Prize, to be judged by award winning poet Joan Larkin. (www.thedirtynapkin.com)

        Each year, the Dirty Napkin will sponsor the Gerald Stern Poetry Prize. In Gerald's own words, we want poems that show "courage, audacity, originality, humility, intelligence, and honesty." The winner will receive $250 and a book chosen by Gerald Stern. Congratulations to our first winner, Christina Olson! Submissions are now open for the 2009 prize. Submissions must be received by 1 May 2009 with the winner announced in our Summer 2009 issue. You retain the full copyright of your work and should we decide to publish it on our website, we will request your permission. Here are the guidelines:

        Submit a 4–8 poem manuscript. All work should be previously unpublished.

        Submit a $5 application fee, deposited securely through Google Checkout (you will be directed there via a special link after submitting your manuscript).

        Include your contact information on the cover letter only.

        You may not apply if you are an editor's former or current student.

        Previous Gerald Stern Poetry Prize Winners
        2008: Christina Olson

        Previous Gerald Stern Poetry Prize Editors
        2008: Gerald Stern