call for submissions: Switchback

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2011
      SWITCHBACK is accepting submissions for issue 15 until August 31, 2011. SWITCHBACK is an online journal publishing two issues per year featuring fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art. Additionally, SWITCHBACK publishes reviews and interviews on a monthly basis. Previous issues have featured work by such writers as David Vann, Paul A. Toth, Ben Loory, Jane Nakagawa, Aaron Shurin, and Maureen Alsop.

      • We accept poetry, fiction, nonfiction, critical essays, and art
      • We DO NOT accept unsolicited interviews or reviews
      • Only previously unpublished works
      • We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere
      • Visual art submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
      • Contributors to our previous two issues (thirteen and fourteen) will not be considered

      The fifteenth issue will be published in Spring 2012. Visit
      www.swback.com

      for more information.

      SWITCHBACK is a publication of the Master of Fine Arts in Writing Program of the University of San Francisco.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2012
        submissions link: http://switchback.submishmash.com/submit

        Switchback is now accepting submissions for Issue 16: Current from now
        until August 31. Send us your best, previously unpublished fiction,

        poetry, nonfiction or art and see it in the next issue to be published
        this November. Submissions do not necessarily need to address the
        theme. We're looking for daring work, literature that electrifies with
        language strong enough to sweep us away. So what are you waiting for?
        Send us your work now!

        FICTION
        Please send us only one piece of fiction at a time and only previously
        unpublished works. We accept simultaneous submissions but please
        notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your name
        DOES NOT appear on the submission itself. (Word Limit 7500)

        NONFICTION
        Please send us only one piece of nonfiction at a time and only
        previously unpublished works. We accept simultaneous submissions but
        please notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your
        name DOES NOT appear on the submission itself. (Word Limit 7500)

        POETRY
        Please send us no more than three poems per submission period and SEND
        EACH POEM SEPARATELY. We accept simultaneous submissions but please
        notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your name
        DOES NOT appear on the submission itself.

        ART
        Please send submissions in .gif, .jpg, or .png format with a
        resolution of 300 dpi or higher.

        Switchback is a publication of the Master of Fine Arts in Writing
        Program of the University of San Francisco, Catherine Brady, Director.

        For more information visit www.swback.com/call