PSM INTERNATIONAL POETRY CONTEST 2007
The annual Poetry Society of Michigan International Poetry Contest is open to
poets across the globe. One neither has to reside in the state of Michigan
nor be or become a member of the organization to enter.
Entries must be accompanied with a check or money order payable to Poetry
Society of Michigan (or PSM) and mailed to:
PSM Contest Coordinator
c/o Liberty R. O. Daniels
Post Office Box 5464
Columbus, Mississippi 39704
***DEADLINE IS JULY 1, 2007
Winners are selected/notified by July 31. Winning poems are published in
PENINSULA POETS. Unless otherwise notified, prizes are $75, $50, and $25 for
first, second, and third place in Category 1-Premier, and $25, $20, and $15 for
first, second, and third place in all other categories.
PSM CONTEST CATEGORIES
Category 1-Premier PSM Open
Category 3-Nature (wonders of)
Category 4-Religious (challenge or illuminate)
Category 5-Family, Friends, and Children (about)
Category 6-Love Songs, Blues, and Other Personal Lyrics
Category 7-Free Verse (any subject)
Category 8-Rhyming Verse (any subject)
PSM CONTEST FEES
There is a $4.00 entry donation per poem for members for Category 1-Premier
and a $5.00 entry donation per poem for nonmembers.
The entry donation for Categories 2-8 is $2.00 per poem for members and $3
per poem for nonmembers.
PSM CONTEST JUDGES
These are to be announced at a later time.
PSM CONTEST RULES / REGULATION
1. Poems that have won a previous PSM contest may not be submitted
2. Only one poem may be entered in each category.
3. The same poem may not be entered in more than one category.
4. Entries may be in any form, and both rhyme and meter are acceptable,
but should observe
the 50-line limit.
5. Entries must be the entrant's own work and may not be previously
published, or entered in a contest elsewhere.
6. Entries are to be typed, single-spaced, preferably to fit the book
format (5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inch) since that is the format in which
they appear in the contest issue. Entrants should make their own
line breaks to fit onto a 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inch page, not an
8-1/2 x 11. NOTE: Regardless of the book format, please submit
all entries in portrait (not landscape) position on 8-1/2 x 11
7. Two (2) copies of each poem are to be entered:
a. The first copy must contain the category number and category
name in the upper left
corner with the entrant's full name, complete mailing
address, area code and telephone
number, and email address (if available) in the upper right
corner, and the poem's title
and the poem below.
b. The second copy must contain only the category number and
category name in the
upper left corner, and the poem's title and the poem below.
1. No poems are returned.
2. Awarding of prizes is at the discretion of the judges.
3. Winning poems appear in the fall issue of Peninsula Poets.
4. Deadline for submissions is July 1, 2007.
5. Entrants may enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) to receive
an advance list of winners.
For more information, contact PSM Contest Coordinator Liberty R. O. Daniels
at P. O. Box 5464,
Columbus, Mississippi 39704 or you may call 313-330-9274 or 662-240-0232.
See what's free at http://www.aol.com
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]