poetry chapbook contest: Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2011
      http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eastoundingbeautyruffianpress/

      MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

      The prize for our 2011 poetry chapbook contest is:

      $10,000 and publication
      of the winning manuscript

      Unprecedented in the history of chapbook competitions, our cash award for the winning manuscript in 2011 is $10,000. In 2012, our cash prize will revert to $1,000. If we are ever able to scrape together another $10,000, our plan is to offer that amount as a prize once again. : )

      Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press 2011 Poetry Award

      for a chapbook-length manuscript

      May 1 - August 31, 2011 (postmark date)

      The award is $10,000 and publication by Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press.

      Please submit:

      10 - 20 pages of original poetry not already published, or committed to be published, as a collection

      by a single author

      English only, no translations

      no more than one poem per page (however, a single poem may be longer than one page), typed in 12 pt. plain font

      no artwork

      include a table of contents

      please number pages

      one title page with poet's name, address, telephone number, email, and title of
      manuscript and a second title page with title only

      biographical page (ONLY because we are interested in you as a person)

      acknowledgements page

      $20 entry fee, checks made payable to Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press and drawn on a U.S. bank - if you live outside the United States, please send the entry fee in the form of a cashier's check or money order

      absolutely no paper clips, spring clips, staples, plastic covers, or folders -
      we would rather not have to bother with these things, so don't waste your
      supplies

      Do not include a SASE - winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2011.

      Manuscripts will be recycled.

      Send by regular, first-class mail only:

      Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press
      Poetry Award
      2155 Elk Creek Rd.
      Stuart, Virginia 24171

      ***Authors may submit as many manuscripts as they like, but each must be accompanied by a check or money order for the $20 reading fee.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14
        Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press 2015 Poetry Award
        http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eastoundingbeautyruffianpress/index.html

        http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eastoundingbeautyruffianpress/id1.html

        $1,000 and publication

         May 1 - July 15, 2015

        GUIDELINES:

        Please submit:

        up to 15 pages of original poetry not already published or committed to be published as a collection or as part of a larger collection; individual poems may have been published

        by a single author 18 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen  who is currently residing in this country

        English only, no translations

        no more than one poem per page (however, a single poem may be longer than one page)

        typed in 12 pt. plain font (Helvetica, Times New Roman, etc.)

        no artwork

        include a table of contents

        please number pages (so we won't get them confused)

        a title page with poet's name, address, telephone number, email, and title of manuscript; one title page with title only

        any style or subject- themes are great, but not necessary

        $20 reading fee payable to Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press (check or money order)- please do not send cash, and we do not accept credit cards

        no paper clips, spring clips, staples, plastic covers, or folders; we would rather not have to bother with these things, so don't waste your supplies

        winner will be announced on our website in the fall

        include a stamped, self-addressed post card so we can let you know that we received your work, and a stamped, self-addressed envelope- in case we need to get in touch with you by regular mail

        manuscripts will not be returned

        Send by regular, first-class mail only:

        Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press
        Poetry Award
        2155 Elk Creek Rd.
        Stuart, VA  24171

        Notes:
                  Authors may submit as many manuscripts as they like, but each must be accompanied by the reading fee.

                  Poems do not need to be about horses.  We just want excellent poetry, no matter what the style or subject.

                  All manuscripts are read by the editors. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted by another press.

                  If no winner is declared, all entry fees will be refunded.

                            Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press follows CLMP standards.