poetry chapbook contest: Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2011
      http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eastoundingbeautyruffianpress/

      MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

      The prize for our 2011 poetry chapbook contest is:

      $10,000 and publication
      of the winning manuscript

      Unprecedented in the history of chapbook competitions, our cash award for the winning manuscript in 2011 is $10,000. In 2012, our cash prize will revert to $1,000. If we are ever able to scrape together another $10,000, our plan is to offer that amount as a prize once again. : )

      Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press 2011 Poetry Award

      for a chapbook-length manuscript

      May 1 - August 31, 2011 (postmark date)

      The award is $10,000 and publication by Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press.

      Please submit:

      10 - 20 pages of original poetry not already published, or committed to be published, as a collection

      by a single author

      English only, no translations

      no more than one poem per page (however, a single poem may be longer than one page), typed in 12 pt. plain font

      no artwork

      include a table of contents

      please number pages

      one title page with poet's name, address, telephone number, email, and title of
      manuscript and a second title page with title only

      biographical page (ONLY because we are interested in you as a person)

      acknowledgements page

      $20 entry fee, checks made payable to Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press and drawn on a U.S. bank - if you live outside the United States, please send the entry fee in the form of a cashier's check or money order

      absolutely no paper clips, spring clips, staples, plastic covers, or folders -
      we would rather not have to bother with these things, so don't waste your
      supplies

      Do not include a SASE - winner will be announced on our website in the fall of 2011.

      Manuscripts will be recycled.

      Send by regular, first-class mail only:

      Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press
      Poetry Award
      2155 Elk Creek Rd.
      Stuart, Virginia 24171

      ***Authors may submit as many manuscripts as they like, but each must be accompanied by a check or money order for the $20 reading fee.