writing contest: Georgetown Review

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
      2008 Georgetown Review Contest
      http://georgetownreview.georgetowncollege.edu/grcontest.htm

      $1,000 and publication to the winning short story, poem, or essay on the
      subject of redemption.  We’re very flexible about what satisfies our theme
      requirement.  We’d be equally interested in stories, poems, and essays about folks
      who find redemption and those who don’t.  If the situation where redemption is
      pursued is obviously spiritual in nature, that’s fine, but if it’s secular or
      legal or something else, we’re equally interested.  The work can be about
      families or individuals or criminals or saints or those of us who are probably
      somewhere in between.  It can be about dogs or cats or cows or fish, for that
      matter—as long as it involves some situation in which redemption or the pursuit
      or avoidance of it plays a part.
      Submissions must be postmarked by on or before November 15, 2007.
      Entry fee is $10 for the first entry, $5 for each entry thereafter.
      If you want your work returned or want to receive a notice about the winner
      and runners-up, you must send us a stamped, self-addressed envelope.  However,
      we will post a list of the work we choose on our website after the contest is
      judged, and we will do our best to have this list up by February 2008.
      The magazine’s editors will judge.
      Simultaneous and multiple submissions are okay.  Your name can appear on your
      work as well, and in fact, we prefer that.  We have a small editorial staff
      and would not award the prize to any colleagues, students, or friends.
      All entries are considered for publication.  In the 2007 contest, 22
      runner-up works were selected for publication.  If your work is published, Georgetown
      Review acquires first North American rights, which means that after we publish
      the piece the rights to it revert back to you.

      Send entries to:
      2008 Contest
      Georgetown Review
      400 East College Street
      Box 227
      Georgetown, KY  40324

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2008
          2009 Georgetown Review Contest

          $1,000 and publication to the winning short story, poem, or essay on any theme or subject. All genres welcome.

          http://georgetownreview.georgetowncollege.edu/grcontest.htm

          Submissions must be postmarked by on or before November 15, 2008.

          Entry fee is $10 for the first entry, $5 for each entry thereafter. One poem, story, or essay counts as one entry. Please make out checks or money orders to "Georgetown Review."

          If you want your work returned or want to receive a notice about the winner and runners-up, you must send us a stamped, self-addressed envelope. However, we will post a list of the work we choose on our website after the contest is judged, and we will do our best to have this list up by February 2010.

          The magazine’s editors will judge.

          Simultaneous and multiple submissions are okay. Your name can appear on your work as well, and in fact, we prefer that your name, address and email address appear on your entries. We have a small editorial staff and would not award the prize to any colleagues, students, or friends. You do not need a cover sheet.

          All entries are considered for publication. In the 2008 contest, 20 runner-up works were selected for publication. If your work is published, Georgetown Review acquires first North American rights, which means that after we publish the piece the rights to it revert back to you.

           Send entries to:

          2009 Contest
          Georgetown Review
          400 East College Street
          Box 227
          Georgetown, KY 403240A

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
            2010 Georgetown Review Contest

            http://georgetownreview.georgetowncollege.edu/submissions.htm

            $1,000 and publication to the winning short story, poem, or essay on any theme or subject. All genres welcome.

            Submissions must be postmarked by on or before October 1, 2009.

            Entry fee is $10 for the first entry, $5 for each entry thereafter. One poem, story, or essay counts as one entry. Please make out checks or money orders to "Georgetown Review."

            If you want your work returned or want to receive a notice about the winner and runners-up, you must send us a stamped, self-addressed envelope. However, we will post a list of the work we choose on our website after the contest is judged, and we will do our best to have this list up by February 2010.

            The magazine’s editors will judge.

            Simultaneous and multiple submissions are okay. All entries are considered for publication. In the 2009 contest, 17 runner-up works were selected for publication. If your work is published, Georgetown Review acquires first North American rights, which means that after we publish the piece the rights to it revert back to you.

            Send entries to:

            2009 Contest
            Georgetown Review
            400 East College Street