call for submissions: MUZZLE

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
      We (Muzzle Magazine) are currently taking submissions for our 1-Year
      Anniversary Issue, scheduled to come out in late August 2011. We hope
      to honor the past year of extraordinary work that's appeared in Muzzle
      by putting out the most badass and gorgeous issue imaginable. We are
      enjoining you to submit your work so that we can reach this lofty goal.
      Submissions for our 1-Year Anniversary issue will close on July 15,
      2011 at 11:59 PM (we're flexible on time zone).

      We've had quite an exciting first year of publication. Muzzle has the
      distinct honor of being the only online literary magazine named as one
      of the ten best new magazines of 2010 by Steve Black at Library Journal
      in “LJ Best New Magazines of 2010: Ten new periodicals rise to the
      top.” Additionally, in a starred review published in January 2011,
      Steve Black called our little magazine "a fine literary journal of
      creative writing by people of diverse backgrounds that deserves to be
      linked to from catalogs in libraries everywhere." Our past issues have
      included stunning work from Roger Bonair-Agard, Marty McConnell, Rachel
      McKibbens, Marcus Wicker, Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz, Jamaal May, and
      many many other talented folks.

      Muzzle publishes poetry, visual art, interviews, book reviews, and
      poetry performance reviews. To submit to Muzzle, please use our online
      submissions manager at
      http://muzzlemagazine.submishmash.com/Submit

      and be sure to check out our submission guidelines at
      http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/submissions.html

      We highly encourage everyone to read past issues of Muzzle prior to
      submitting. Everybody has aesthetic biases. For more information on
      what we're about, check out our interviews at Six Questions for... and
      Duotrope.com.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2011
        Muzzle aims to bring together the voices of poets from a diverse array of backgrounds, paying special homage to those from communities that are historically underrepresented in literary magazines.

        Muzzle has the distinct honor of being the only online literary magazine named as one of the ten best new magazines of 2010 by Library Journal in "LJ Best New Magazines of 2010: Ten new periodicals rise to the top."

        Muzzle publishes poetry, visual art, poetry book reviews, poetry performance reviews, and interviews. Muzzle is currently taking submissions for the Winter 2012 issue. Submissions close for the Winter 2012 issue on December 15, 2011.

        Muzzle is also currently taking submissions for a special Spring 2012 issue centered around the theme of "Drink." Submissions will close for the Spring 2012 issue on March 15, 2012.

        For complete information on how to submit to Muzzle, please go to: http://www.muzzlemagazine.com/submissions.html