fiction contest: Zoetrope All Story

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2011
      FIFTEENTH ANNUAL ZOETROPE: ALL-STORY SHORT FICTION CONTEST
      http://www.all-story.com/contests.cgi

      link for entering contest:
      https://www.zoetrope.com/contests_allstory/secure/index.cgi

      Guest Judge: Jim Shepard

      First prize: $1,000
      Second prize: $500
      Third prize: $250

      The three prizewinners and seven honorable mentions will be considered
      for representation by William Morris Endeavor, ICM, Regal Literary, the
      Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord
      Literistic, Aitken Alexander Associates, Barer Literary, the Gernert
      Company, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

      Important Dates:
      Entries must be complete by October 3, 2011, at 11:59 P.M. PDT. Results
      will be announced at the website December 15 and in the Spring 2012
      issue of Zoetrope: All-Story; and the winning story will be published
      as a special online supplement to that Spring 2012 issue.

      Complete Guidelines:
      We accept all genres of literary fiction. Entries must be: unpublished;
      strictly 5,000 words or less; and accompanied by a $15 entry fee per
      story. There are no formatting restrictions; please ensure only that
      the story is legible.

      We welcome multiple entries ($15/story) and entries from outside the
      U.S. We will e-mail contest updates and results to anyone who provides
      an active e-mail address. Entrants retain all rights to their stories.
      Once a story is submitted, we cannot accept an updated draft. (However,
      an entrant is welcome to submit an updated draft as a new entry.) Entry
      fees will not be returned or adjusted.

      Please e-mail us at <contests(at)all-story.com> (replace (at) with @ in
      sending e-mail) with further questions. Thank you for your interest,
      and good luck!