poetry and short pieces inspired by breastfeeding sought for LA open mike

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2011
      Seeking poems and short pieces inspired by breastfeeding for World
      Breastfeeding Week 2011 event!

      We want to see the Los Angeles breastfeeding landscape represented. We
      encourage diverse participation from all across the spectrum – nursing
      mothers, partners and families of nursing mothers, health
      professionals, lactivists, anyone who can remember and verbalize their
      experience being breastfed! Your experience can be past, current or
      future. The more voices, the more experiences, the more truths, the
      more stories - the better!

      Written pieces should be:
      – related to and ultimately positive towards breastfeeding (doesn't
      have to be literal or sugar-coated)
      – short (performed in 3 mins)
      – no crazy foul or violent language as youngsters may be present
      – if you are not comfortable performing your piece, we have hosts
      available to read for you

      Pieces to be shared at an open mic night celebrating World
      Breastfeeding Week 2011 (www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org)
      Thursday, August 4, 2011
      7:30-9:30pm
      Viento y Agua Coffee House (www.vientoyaguacoffeehouse.com)
      4007 East 4th Street
      Long Beach, CA 90814

      Event is sponsored by Breastfeeding Task Force of Greater Los Angeles
      (www.breastfeedLA.org)

      ** We will be holding a free writing workshop prior to event (date,
      time TBA) open to the public - anyone who either needs help writing a
      piece or wants to workshop something they have.

      ** Contact Person:
      Celine Malanum, LEC
      Email: lamamaluna(at)gmail.com
      [replace(at) with @ when sending e-mail]