call for poems: Firecracker Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2011
      The Firecracker Press is preparing for its 2011 Poetry Reading Series.
      This is the first call of the year, and while dates remain tentative,
      we will begin booking as selected poems are gathered. The following
      outlines some general information regarding the event:

      There is no submission fee
      Readings will be twice a month starting in July and running
      indefinitely through the remainder of the year. The event will begin
      at 2:00 p.m.
      The prints are part of the entertainment; we will be printing as you
      are reading. For those not familiar with The Firecracker Press, we
      use antique printing technology, complete with all of the clicks and
      groans of our manual presses. Please visit our website
      (www.firecrackerpress.com) for a virtual peek into the shop.
      Participating poets will be given three prints of his/her poem for
      personal use.
      Audience members pay $5 to listen to your reading & receive a print.
      Of course, poets will retain the rights to all accepted submissions .
      Any length of poem is acceptable. Since we will be hand setting this,
      however, the content limit for prints made is 100 characters maximum.
      This limit is to include spaces and punctuation (think: old-school
      classified ad). Please be prepared to fashion one such excerpt. Keep
      in mind we may need to change line breaks for formatting purposes.
      One line of the print will be reserved for your name and contact
      information, such as a website or email address

      Feel free to pass this call on to those who may be interested... We
      look forward to receiving your submissions!

      Best,
      Jill Bieker

      The Firecracker Press
      2838 Cherokee Street