call for submissions: Ginger Piglet Press
- We love short things with distinct voices; flash prose, prose poetry,
and maybe, someday, novellas. We like innovative literary efforts, but
mostly we like stories that are told uniquely well. We like things that
are true and untrue, so long as they make vivid images and a have pace
we can feel. Simply put; we like good stuff.
If you have something with stanzas or otherwise outside of this
guideline, but think we must see it, please don’t hesitate to send it.
Please take a look at the first issue of Ginger Piglet to see what
we’re looking for; gingerpiglet.magcloud.com.
We are currently accepting submissions for the second issue of Ginger
Piglet through our submissions manager.
* Send up to, but no more than, three pieces of flash prose (fiction or
nonfiction) or prose poetry in separate documents.
* We will only consider previously unpublished work.
* We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please let us know if a
piece is accepted elsewhere.
* We like variety, but please don’t send genre fiction, interviews, or
* We would like to bring you fame and notoriety, or at minimum, a few
more interested readers, so please, include a bio of no more than 100
interesting and important words.
* Include a link to your blog/website and an email address you’d like
published. If you’d prefer not to have your email published, let us
* Someday we hope to pay, even if a small amount, to our contributors,
but are unable to at this time.
* We reserve first-publishing rights, after which the rights return to
you. We currently do not publish online except for the issue being
available in PDF form.
* Please give us mention if your work should be published elsewhere.
We also collect nonfiction submissions on writing and other fun things
for our blog on a rolling basis. See our submissions guidelines at our
submissions manager on submishmash: