short story contest: Gival Press

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29 7:12 AM
      8th annual short story award: Gival Press
      http://www.givalpress.com/

      Deadline:
      August 8, 2011 (postmarked)
      Our dates never change, if the date falls on a Sunday, then Monday
      becomes the default postmarked date.

      Guidelines:
      Submissions of a previously unpublished original (not a translation)
      short story in English must be approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words of
      high literary quality, typed, double-spaced on one side of the paper
      only, with word count in the upper left hand side of the first page,
      along with the title. The author's name should not appear on the
      numbered pages of the ms which should be clipped together. Author
      should keep a copy of the submission as it will not be returned.

      Author Identification:
      Submit name, address, telephone number, email address on a separate
      page, along with the title of the short story submitted.

      A short bio should also be included.

      If the short story wins, the author must make the manuscript available
      to Gival Press on an IBM-compatible disk or CD in Rich Text Format
      (RTF)—this refers to how one saves the document on one's computer disk.

      Reading fee:
      $25.00 (USD) by check or money order drawn on an American bank for each
      short story submitted. Payable to: Gival Press, LLC.

      International entrants must send a check drawn on a USA bank routed
      through a USA address, such as Bank of America; no international money
      orders are acceptable.

      Please note that Gival Press can also accept the entry free by major
      credit card; however, we only take credit card information by phone
      (703.351.0079).

      Mail to:
      Robert L. Giron, Editor
      Gival Press Short Story Award
      Gival Press, LLC
      PO Box 3812
      Arlington, VA 22203.

      Notification of the Winner:
      Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for notification of
      the winner or visit our website (http://www.givalpress.com), where the
      winner and finalists will be announced.

      We try our best to announce the winner in the fall of the same year.
      Unfortunately it takes time to read and judge the entries and to
      contact the individuals involved.

      Prize:
      Author will receive $1,000.00 and the winning story will be published
      on the Gival Press website and in a future anthology of short stories.

      Judging:
      Short stories will be judged anonymously and the decision of the judge
      will be final. The winner for the previous award will be the judge for
      the following year.
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
        10TH ANNUAL GIVAL PRESS SHORT STORY AWARD for best original previously unpublished literary story (not a chapter of a novel) in English, approximately 5,000 to 15,000 words. Prize $1,000 and publication on Web site. Reading fee $25 per story submitted. Deadline August 8 (postmarked). For complete details, e-mail givalpressATyahooDOTcom or visit Web site www.givalpress.com. Gival Press, P.O. Box 3812, Arlington, VA 22203.