fiction book contest: Autumn House

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28 8:26 AM
      Guidelines for the 2011 Autumn House Fiction Contest
      http://www.autumnhouse.org/contest-submissions/

      We are pleased to announce the fourth annual Autumn House Fiction Contest. For the 2011 contest, the preliminary judge is John Fried, and the final judge is Stewart O'Nan. The winner will be awarded publication of a full-length manuscript and $2,500. The postmark deadline for entries is June 30, 2011. For further questions, feel free to email us, message us on Twitter, or ask us through our Facebook Fan Page.
      The winners will receive book publication, $1,000 advance against royalties, and a $1,500 travel grant to participate in the 2012 Autumn House Master Authors Series in Pittsburgh.
      The deadline is June 30, 2011.
      We ask that all submissions from authors new to Autumn House come through one of our annual contests.
      All finalists will be considered for publication.
      The final judge for the Fiction Prize is Stewart O'Nan.
      Fiction submissions should be approximately 200-300 pages. All fiction sub-genres (short stories, short-shorts, novellas, or novels) or any combination of sub-genres are eligible.
      If you wish to be informed of the results of the competition, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
      Autumn House Press assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged manuscripts.
      All entries must be clearly marked "Fiction Prize" on the outside envelope.
      Twenty five dollar handling fee (check or money order) must be enclosed.
      MANUSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
      Send manuscript and $25.00 fee to:
      Autumn House Press
      PO Box 60100
      Pittsburgh, PA 15211
      Electronic submission option: Fiction manuscripts may be submitted electronically by sending the entry by email attachment to autumnh430(at)gmail.com and paying the $25 entry fee through the "Donate" button on the Autumn House homepage.