call for submissions on creative writing as academic practice

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2007
      Call for Submissions: Creative Writing in the Twenty-First Century

      For this special issue of College English, we solicit essays, symposia,
      reviews, and other documents which interrogate and add new insight into the
      academic position, scholarly and artistic status, and disciplinary future of creative
      writing in the twenty-first century.   Deadline: March 15, 2008.  Some
      possible topics: creative writing theory, pedagogy, or professional practice
      (including   teacher training and graduate student job placement), the history of
      this field; its relation to other fields; the role of technology; critical
      studies of programs, especially those in development or transition; reviews of
      current creative writing textbooks, guides, or critical collections; archival
      records. We welcome work from new as well as established scholars, especially
      graduate students currently enrolled in creative writing programs.

      Essays and other contributions should be no longer than 25 double-spaced
      manuscript pages.  Please also review the general guidelines for College English
      before submitting your work.  Email manuscripts and queries to the issue's
      guest editors, Kelly Ritter from Southern Connecticut State University
      (ritterk1(at)southernct.edu) (replace at with with @)
      and Stephanie Vanderslice from the University of Central Arkansas
      stephv(at)mail.uca.edu (replace (at) with @)