call for submissions: Radius

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2011
      Radius: Poetry From the Center to the Edge is an online literary journal in blog format dedicated to poetry: How poetry works, how one poem or body of poems connects to another, how poetry exists in the world. We're big believers around here that poetry doesn't exist in a vacuum, and that it has a role to play in life, politics and culture.

      Radius is brought to you by the creators of The November 3rd Club, and uploads new poems and prose several times a week. Among the writers we've published are Patricia Smith, Sharon Doubiago, Willie Perdomo, Ira Sadoff, Daphne Gottlieb, Kazim Al, Jeffrey McDaniel, Dodie Bellamy, Anis Mojgani, Hugh Fox and many, many more.

      Submissions link:
      http://radiuslit.submishmash.com/submit

      We welcome submissions, but please take a look at our submissions guidelines
      beforehand, as our needs are rather specialized, including:
      ELEGIES FOR POETS: Poems that reflect the loss of a poet who's passed on, especially poems that make the reader feel the force of that poet's absence.
      POLITICAL POEMS: A legacy from The November 3rd Club. We're looking for poems that reflect politics in its broadest form and rise above simple rhetoric, poems that humanize otherwise overwhelming issues, and that touch upon the currents that come when six-billion diverse people attempt to share a planet.
      INVENTED FORMS: Poetic forms which, arguably, have never existed before. Please include instructions.
      So, please, take a second to check out the new site, and feel free to join in the conversation. There's some exciting territory ahead.

      Victor D. Infante
      Editor-In-Chief
      Radius: Poetry From the Center to the Edge
      http://www.radiuslit.org