poetry open reading period for Tupelo Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2011
      July Open Submission Guidelines
      http://www.tupelopress.org/july_guidelines.php

      Throughout July, Tupelo Press will hold open submissions for
      book-length poetry collections (48-90 pages) and chapbook-length poetry
      collections (30-47 pages). Submissions are accepted from anyone writing
      in the English language (whether in the United States or abroad).

      Make sure that your cover page includes the title, your name and
      contact information, including address, phone number and email address.

      There is a reading fee of $28 for each manuscript submitted. Why a
      reading fee? We are an independent, nonprofit literary press. Reading
      fees help defray, but do not by any means cover, the significant cost
      of publishing the many books we select outside of our competitions.
      Multiple submissions are accepted, so long as each submission is
      accompanied by a separate $28 reading fee. Manuscripts that have been
      submitted during this open reading period (July 2011) may not be
      revised and submitted again unless they are accompanied by an
      additional $28 reading fee.

      Online Submission
      In 2011, Tupelo Press is accepting online manuscript submissions. Visit
      https://www.tupelopress.org/submissions/
      to submit electronically. The online submission system will be
      accepting poetry manuscripts between July 1 and July 31, 2011.

      Submission via Postal Mail
      We also accept manuscripts via postal mail. Please include the $28
      reading fee, payable to Tupelo Press, or utilize our online PayPal
      option and enclose a copy of the receipt with your printed submission.

      You may also include a self-addressed postcard for acknowledgment of
      receipt of your manuscript and SASE for notification. Manuscripts will
      not be returned. You may include an acknowledgments page, listing
      previously published poems.

      Your manuscript must be postmarked between July 1 and July 31, 2011 and
      sent (along with a check or PayPal receipt) to:

      Open Submissions
      Tupelo Press
      PO Box 1767
      North Adams MA 01247

      Guest Editor
      For the first time ever, Tupelo Press has invited a guest editor to
      bring a new editorial vision to the July Open Reading Period. We’re
      honored to say that Nate Pritts, poet, editor, publisher and scholar,
      has answered our call.

      Nate Pritts is the author of the forthcoming poetry collection from
      Lowbrow Press, Sweet Nothing, as well as four previous books of poetry.
      Poetry Magazine called The Wonderfull Yeare (Cooper Dillon Books)
      "rich, vivid, intimate, and somewhat troubled" while The Rumpus
      declared Big Bright Sun (BlazeVox Books) "a textual record of mistakes
      made and insights gleaned... [in] a voice that knows its part in
      self-destruction."

      His poetry and prose have been widely published, both online and in
      print, in places like Southern Review, Columbia, Forklift Ohio, Gulf
      Coast, Boston Review, and Rain Taxi, where he frequently contributes
      reviews. He has his M.F.A. from Warren Wilson College and his Ph.D. in
      British Romanticism from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette. He is
      the founder and principal editor of H_NGM_N, an online journal and
      small press. He lives in New York.

      Whether or not you’ve submitted a poetry manuscript to the July Open
      Reading period in the past, here’s an opportunity for a fresh reading
      by a superb poet/editor.