fiction and nonfiction contest: Oregon Writers Colony
- Short Stories: True and Imagined
Oregon Writers Colony Contest
Deadline August 15, 2011
Celebrity judge: Robin Cody
Awards in two categories, fiction and nonfiction:
· 1st Place: $200 plus feature story and excerpt of winning
story in the Colonygram, and listed on the website.
· 2nd Place: $100 and listed in the Colonygram and on the
· 3rd Place: $50 and listed in the Colonygram and on the
· 4 Honorable Mentions: Certificate of Achievement and listed
in the Colonygram and on the website.
Place and Honorable mention winners are invited to read from their
entries in November at a special night to honor winners of both the
poetry and short story contest.
Short Story Contest Rules:
· Original, unpublished short story, fiction or nonfiction.
· Multiple entries okay
· Fee per entry: $10/OWC member, $15/non-member,$10 optional
fee for judges’ constructive critiques.
· Double-spaced, at least 12 pt font, Courier or Times Roman
· Word limit: 2500 max.
· Title, word count and category on first page.
· NO author name on story.
· One entry per submission packet
Short Story Submission Packet Must Include:
· Four stapled copies of entry
· Business envelope -- labeled fiction or nonfiction --
a. Check for entry fee, can combine with optional critique fee.
b. 3x5 card (no odd-sized cards) with 1) Category. 2) Title. 3)
Name, address, phone, e-mail.
4) Where you learned of contest. 5) If OWC member or non-member. 6)
Critique request if including optional critique fee.
· SASP (postcard for receipt/your piece of mind)
· # 10 SASE if requesting critique (mailed to you in early Oct.)
Mailing address for Short Story Contest:
OWC Contest, C. Lill Ahrens, 306 NW 32nd St., Corvallis OR 97330.