fiction contest: Gulf Coast

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2011
      Gulf Coast is happy to announce that the 2011 Barthelme Prize for Short
      Prose is now open for entries!

      No matter what you call it--flash fiction, prose poems,
      micro-essays--send us your work of 500 words or fewer. The winner will
      receive $1,000 and will be published in the issue of Gulf Coast due out
      in Spring 2012, along with the two runners-up.

      Last year we were happy to publish three excellent pieces of short
      prose by Lillian-Yvonne Bertram (2010's winner), Benjamin Glass, and
      Robert Thomas. These three pieces, along with an introduction by last
      year's judge Joe Bonomo, are available on our website.

      Entries are due August 31, 2011 and each entrant will receive a
      one-year subscription to Gulf Coast. We're asking that all entries this
      year come to us via our easy-to-use online submission manager at
      http://www.gulfcoastmag.org/submissions/

      This year's judge will be poet, essayist, and story writer Sarah
      Manguso.