call for submissions: Reverie's issue on "Revisiting Injustice"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
      Aquarius Press is currently accepting general submissions until
      September 1 for the 2011 annual issue of Reverie. In addition, we will
      dedicate a section of the issue to works addressing the following
      theme: Revisiting Injustice. We are looking for works that revisit
      sociopolitical issues affecting the African American community often
      overlooked or minimally covered by national media outlets. In your
      cover letter, please clearly note any works submitted for this themed
      section.

      Reverie is an annual publication devoted to featuring great literature
      and is open to African Americans with “ties” to the Midwest. Reverie
      will appear in print and online editions. We are a literary journal
      that publishes poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction. We will also
      accept book reviews as well. We currently pay in one print
      contributor’s copy of the journal. Writers selected for inclusion will
      be featured on our website.

      For the upcoming issue “Revisiting Injustice,” we will consider essays,
      personal accounts and/or testimonies as well, but they must be
      objective and in the creative nonfiction style.

      Writer’s Guidelines for Reverie:

      Submit in standard manuscript format with a word count not to exceed 50
      lines (poetry) and/or 3,000 words (Fiction/Nonfiction). For prose,
      please use single spacing after punctuation with tabs/indents at .3”;
      for poetry, make the total width no wider than 4.5”. No more than three
      poems. No urban crime fiction or erotica, please. Simultaneous
      submissions okay, but submit all necessary credits. Contributors get
      one online proof before printing (but no major changes allowed).
      Publisher reserves the right to make light edits as necessary and to
      use excerpts for marketing purposes.

      Email
      <reverie.journal(at)gmail.com>
      and type “Reverie” in the subject line and attach submission and
      50-word bio in Microsoft Word or Rich-text format (rtf). Reverie only
      accepts submissions by email. If you have any questions please email
      the editors at <reverie.journal(at)gmail.com>. Replace (at) with @ in
      sending e-mail.