poetry chapbook contest extends deadline

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2011
      Extended to June 30:

      The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
      manuscript to the 2011 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST.
      Contest rules and previous winners are listed below. Please share this
      E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your
      students know about our contest. If you have received this from a
      friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to
      Bluelightpress@... and let us know.

      BLUE LIGHT PRESS
      Announces
      THE 2011 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST

      Guidelines:

      1. Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a
      laser or inkjet printer.

      2. The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a
      $100.00 honorarium and 50 copies of his or her book, which can be sold
      for $10.00 each, for a total of $600.00.

      3. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and June 30, 2011.

      4. There is a $10.00 reading fee. Make your check payable to Blue
      Light Press.

      5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No manuscript will be
      returned without a SASE.

      6. The winner will be announced in November 2011, and the book will
      be published in the spring of 2012.

      7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript
      on a CD. Acceptable formats:
      IBM - WordPerfect, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).
      Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test
      Format).

      8. Send your manuscript, $10.00 check, and SASE to Blue Light Press
      Poetry Prize,
      1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122. Do not submit by
      E-mail.

      9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail,
      as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation
      of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. If your
      manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.

      Vision Statement:
      We like poems that are imagistic, emotionally honest, and contain a
      vision where the writer pushes through the imagery to a deeper level of
      insight. Our books are artistically designed.

      Books by Blue Light Press:

      To see the books we have published and our winner's list, take a look
      at our website...
      www.bluelightpress.com