poetry chapbook contest extends deadline
- Extended to June 30:
The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
manuscript to the 2011 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST.
Contest rules and previous winners are listed below. Please share this
E-mail with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let your
students know about our contest. If you have received this from a
friend and want to be on our E-mail list, please send an E-mail to
Bluelightpress@... and let us know.
BLUE LIGHT PRESS
THE 2011 BLUE LIGHT POETRY PRIZE and CHAPBOOK CONTEST
1. Manuscripts should be 10 to 24 pages, typed or printed with a
laser or inkjet printer.
2. The winner will be published by Blue Light Press, receive a
$100.00 honorarium and 50 copies of his or her book, which can be sold
for $10.00 each, for a total of $600.00.
3. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and June 30, 2011.
4. There is a $10.00 reading fee. Make your check payable to Blue
5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope. No manuscript will be
returned without a SASE.
6. The winner will be announced in November 2011, and the book will
be published in the spring of 2012.
7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript
on a CD. Acceptable formats:
IBM - WordPerfect, Word, or RTF (Rich Test Format).
Macintosh - Clarisworks, Quark Express, Word, or RTF (Rich Test
8. Send your manuscript, $10.00 check, and SASE to Blue Light Press
1563 - 45th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122. Do not submit by
9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail,
as this requires a trip to the post office. If you want confirmation
of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. If your
manuscript comes a few days late, we will read it.
We like poems that are imagistic, emotionally honest, and contain a
vision where the writer pushes through the imagery to a deeper level of
insight. Our books are artistically designed.
Books by Blue Light Press:
To see the books we have published and our winner's list, take a look
at our website...