call for submissions: Super Arrow

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
      Super Arrow is an online journal for experiments in writing and art, and we're looking for work that sends us giggling through the ringer, confronts us with new sensations, invents form to fit concept. We like fiction that builds universes and sparks at the line-level, and nonfiction that pushes through convention to find bright ways to reflect our human experience back on itself. We like poetry full of syllabic burrs, from poets who take risks. Visual and audio art that investigates process and plucks both seriously and comically at disciplinary context pleases us lots. We like other things, and also things we don't even know we like yet, we imagine. Check out our archive at www.superarrow.org to see a bit of what we've published in the past.

      For each issue, we offer a conceptually-driven folio, and this one -- called "FROM HERE TO THERE" is inspired by maps. We invite you to submit all manners of map-inspired and map-troubling work. Head to www.superarrow.org/Assignment.html for more information.

      To submit, please visit our online submissions manager at superarrow.submishmash.com. We're looking forward to seeing your work, and please do forward this call to any artmaker who may be interested. We as a publication thrive on community and connection. Be the life of our party!

      Sincerely, and With Best Wishes for a Bright and Productive Summertime,
      Super Arrow
      editor(at)superarrow.org