multigenre writing contest: Springfield Writers' Guild
- 2011 Springfield Writers' Guild 18th Annual Literary Awards
JIM STONE GRAND PRIZE MEMORIAL AWARDS
#1 Poetry Any subject, any form Limit: 1 page, single spaced
#2 Fiction Any subject Limit: 1,000 words
#3 Non-Fiction Any subject Limit: 1,000 words
Awards: 1st Place - $100 and Certificate Two Honorable Mentions and Certificates
(Fee: $3.00 per entry)
(Limit: 750 words) Limit: one single-spaced page)
#4 Short Story, any genre # 8 Any Specific Form (except free verse), any subject
#5 Nostalgia/Reminiscence # 9 Humorous, any subject, any form
#6 Humorous #10 Free Verse, any subject
#7 SWG Members Only: #11 SWG Members Only, any subject, any form
Awards: 1st place $20, 2nd place $10, 3rd place $5, one Honorable Mention, plus Certificates
(Fee: $2.00 per entry)
1. All entries must be the original, unpublished work of the contestant. Do not enter the same prose or poetry
in more than one category.
2. First place winners from 2010 may not enter the same category in 2011 but may enter all others.
3. All manuscripts must be typed on 8 ½ x11" paper in standard manuscript form. Prose must be double-
spaced and poetry single-spaced. All entries must have a title (except Haiku, which is always untitled).
4. Place the category number and name (plus the prose word count) in the upper left corner of each entry.
State the applicable poetry form. Number and staple prose pages. Paperclip multiple entries together for
5. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE ENTRY. Include one typed cover sheet with your name, address,
phone number and email address. List ALL entries by category number, name, title and first line.
6. Keep all originals; no copies will be returned. No entries will be published.
7. There is no limit on entries per category as long as fees for each entry are submitted. (It is possible to win
more than one award in the same category.)
8. Winners will be announced and awards given at the October 22, 2011, regular SWG meeting or mailed to
those unable to attend.
9. DEADLINE: All entries must be postmarked no later than October 1, 2011. SWG is not responsible for
lost, misdirected or postage-due entries.
10. For a list of winners, include a SASE with your entry.
11. Any entry that does not follow these guidelines will be disqualified without reimbursement.
12. Make check payable to Springfield Writers' Guild.
Mail contest fees and entries to For more information: www.swgsite.org
Dr. Jerry Wible, SWG Contest email: <jwible(at)sbcglobal.net> or <lar1111(at)sbcglobal.net>
2987 E. Kemmling Lane Phone: Jerry Wible (417) 889-8370 or
Springfield, MO 65804 Lee Ann Russell (417) 866-0638
- Contest guidelines:
20th Annual Writing Contest: Poetry and Prose Categories
postmark deadline: September 30, 2013