call for submissions: Creative Nonfiction

    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2011
      PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES
      postmark deadline: June 13, 2011
      http://www.creativenonfiction.org/thejournal/submittocnf.htm

      We are currently seeking experimental nonfiction for our "Pushing the Boundaries" section ("experimental," "boundaries," yes, these can be loaded terms). We want writing that blows our minds with its ingenuity, essays that not only push the boundaries of the genre, but tear down the borders. Be ambitious and send us work like we've never seen before.

      As always, there's only on stipulation--the pieces must be true. To submit, please send your manuscript to:

      Creative Nonfiction
      Attn: Pushing the Boundaries
      5501 Walnut Street, Suite 202
      Pittsburgh, PA 15232

      Please include a word count on the first page of the essay, as well as your contact information and an SASE or email address for response. Any additional questions can be directed to information [at] creativenonfiction.org.

      Submissions must be postmarked by June 13, 2011, and "Pushing the Boundaries" must be clearly marked on the envelope and cover letter.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2011
        The editors of The Cincinnati Review are pleased to announce that we are now accepting submissions through our online submissions manager. We accept submissions of poetry, fiction, and non-fiction. To submit your work online, please visit our website at http://www.cincinnatireview.com/#/submissions/guidelines
        Guidelines
        The Cincinnati Review welcomes submissions from writers at any point in their writing careers. We read between September 1 and May 31. Submissions arriving during June, July, and August will be returned unread. Please note simultaneous submissions in cover letter. Our usual response time is one month.

        Format
        Poetry: Please submit up to ten manuscript pages at a time. Poet's name and contact information should appear at the top of every poem.

        Fiction: Submissions should be under forty double-spaced pages. Include name and contact information at the beginning of the work. We do not consider genre fiction.

        Nonfiction: We consider essays of all type, creative nonfiction, and reviews of new books of poetry. Submissions should be under forty double-spaced pages.

        We look forward to reading your work.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2014

          For an upcoming issue, Creative Nonfiction is seeking new essays about WAITING. We’re looking for well-crafted true stories of delays, postponements, and pauses that explore and examine our relationship with time.
          The theme is open to interpretation. Maybe you’re waiting tables or you’re on a waiting list; you could be waiting for the bus or the bell or a friend or a phone call. Maybe you’re waiting for a diagnosis, or for your ship to come in, or for Godot. Maybe you’re expecting. Maybe your story isn’t about you at all; maybe it’s a true story about a town under siege, or a scientific experiment, or a lady-in-waiting … However you approach the subject, we can’t wait to read your work.
          Submissions must be vivid and dramatic; they should feature a strong and compelling narrative and reach beyond a strictly personal or anecdotal experience for some universal or deeper meaning. (Put another way: something should happen, and it should matter to readers.) Our readers also like to learn new things: tell us something, whether it’s about the history of clocks or how the mind processes time, or maybe about how waiting-period laws vary from state to state. We’re looking for well-written prose, rich with detail and a distinctive voice; all essays must tell true stories and be factual accurate.
          Creative Nonfiction editors will award $1000 for Best Essay and $500 for runner-up.
          Guidelines: Essays must be previously unpublished and no longer than 4,000 words. There is a $20 reading fee (or send a reading fee of $25 to include a 4-issue subscription to Creative Nonfiction—US submitters only); multiple entries are welcome ($20/essay) as are entries from outside the United States (though due to shipping costs we cannot offer the subscription deal). All submissions will be considered for publication in a special “Waiting” issue of the magazine.
          Complete submission guidelines are available at www.creativenonfiction.org/submissions/waiting

          creativenonfiction.org

          facebook.com/creativenonfiction
          twitter.com/cnfonline