call for short poems and prose: Inch

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2011
      Call for Short Poems and Prose: Inch

      Inch is a quarterly magazine devoted to tiny poems and tiny prose, and
      we're looking for great work for our upcoming issues. We believe that
      good things come in small packages, so we focus our eight pages on
      poems of one to nine lines, or fiction of 750 words or less. Don't send
      us a few good lines or paragraphs-- send us complete poems and stories
      that bite, resonate, or sleep with giants. We've published work by
      acclaimed authors, such as Betty Adcock, Michael McFee, Michael
      Chitwood, and Aimee Nezhukumatathil, but we are equally committed to
      publishing the work of emerging authors.
      Prose is limited to 750 words or fewer. Submit one to three stories for
      consideration. Include a cover letter. Simultaneous submissions for
      prose are acceptable, but please note in your cover letter if your
      story is submitted elsewhere.
      We are looking for smart, complete poems one to nine lines in length.
      Submit one to five poems with a cover letter. You may include more than
      one poem per page provided that you insert ample space in between. We
      don't accept simultaneous submissions for poetry.
      We do not accept previously published work or simultaneous submissions.
      All rights revert to the author upon publication, though we will
      occasionally ask if we may reprint poems in our double-sized
      spectacular issues. Pays three copies.
      See our website for information:

      http://inch.bullcitypress.com/submissions.php