call for submissions: Switchback

    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2011
      SWITCHBACK is now accepting submissions for issue 15.

      • We accept poetry, fiction, nonfiction, critical essays, and art
      • Only previously unpublished works
      • We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us immediately
      of acceptance elsewhere
      • The deadline for submissions is August 31, 2011
      • Visual art submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
      • Contributors to our previous two issues (thirteen and fourteen) will
      not be considered

      WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS:

      Poetry:
      • Maximum 3 poems per writer
      • Each poem needs to be submitted separately.
      • Send written submissions in .doc (preferred), .docx, pdf, or .rtf
      format

      Prose:
      • Maximum 1 story, nonfiction piece, or critical essay per writer
      • We prefer prose works to be 2,000-2,500 words, but if you have
      something really good that's longer, we will consider it
      • Send written submissions in .doc (preferred), .docx, pdf, or .rtf
      format

      Art:
      • Include an explanation of your piece in no more than 100 words
      • Send submissions in .gif, .jpg, or .png format with a resolution of
      300 dpi or higher

      The fifteenth issue will be published in Spring 2012.

      Visit www.swback.com for more information.

      SWITCHBACK is a publication of the Master of Fine Arts in Writing
      Program of the University of San Francisco, Aaron Shurin, Director.

      SWITCHBACK is a forum for the writers of USF's MFA community, including
      alumni, students, and faculty, as well as the wider literary community,
      in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and critical essays.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2011
        SWITCHBACK is accepting submissions for issue 15 until August 31, 2011. SWITCHBACK is an online journal publishing two issues per year featuring fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and art. Additionally, SWITCHBACK publishes reviews and interviews on a monthly basis. Previous issues have featured work by such writers as David Vann, Paul A. Toth, Ben Loory, Jane Nakagawa, Aaron Shurin, and Maureen Alsop.

        • We accept poetry, fiction, nonfiction, critical essays, and art
        • We DO NOT accept unsolicited interviews or reviews

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2012
          submissions link: http://switchback.submishmash.com/submit

          Switchback is now accepting submissions for Issue 16: Current from now
          until August 31. Send us your best, previously unpublished fiction,

          poetry, nonfiction or art and see it in the next issue to be published
          this November. Submissions do not necessarily need to address the
          theme. We're looking for daring work, literature that electrifies with
          language strong enough to sweep us away. So what are you waiting for?
          Send us your work now!

          FICTION
          Please send us only one piece of fiction at a time and only previously
          unpublished works. We accept simultaneous submissions but please
          notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your name
          DOES NOT appear on the submission itself. (Word Limit 7500)

          NONFICTION
          Please send us only one piece of nonfiction at a time and only
          previously unpublished works. We accept simultaneous submissions but
          please notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your
          name DOES NOT appear on the submission itself. (Word Limit 7500)

          POETRY
          Please send us no more than three poems per submission period and SEND
          EACH POEM SEPARATELY. We accept simultaneous submissions but please
          notify us immediately of acceptance elsewhere. Make sure your name
          DOES NOT appear on the submission itself.

          ART
          Please send submissions in .gif, .jpg, or .png format with a
          resolution of 300 dpi or higher.

          Switchback is a publication of the Master of Fine Arts in Writing
          Program of the University of San Francisco, Catherine Brady, Director.

          For more information visit www.swback.com/call