flash fiction contest: Gemini Magazine

    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2011
      Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its Third Annual Flash Fiction
      Contest featuring a grand prize of $1,000.

      Maximum length is 1,000 words. Entries must be unpublished. Absolutely
      no restrictions on content, style or genre. Second place wins $100 and
      there will also be four honorable mentions. All six finalists will be
      published online in the October 2011 issue of Gemini.

      Both new and established writers are welcome. Last year's contest
      marked the first fiction publication for both the first and second
      place winners.

      Entry fee: $4 ($3 for each additional entry). Deadline: August 31,
      2011. Full details at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html.
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 16, 2011
        Gemini Magazine's Third Annual Flash Fiction Contest features a grand prize of $1,000. The deadline is August 31, 2011.

        Maximum length is 1,000 words. Entries must be unpublished. Absolutely no restrictions on content, style or genre. Second place wins $100 and there will also be four honorable mentions. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2011 issue of Gemini.

        Both new and established writers are welcome. Last year's contest marked the first fiction publication for both the first and second place winners.

        Entry fee: $4 ($3 for each additional entry). Full details at

        www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2012
          Gemini Magazine is pleased to announce its Fourth Annual Flash Fiction Contest. The grand prize is $1,000.

          Maximum length: 1,000 words. No restrictions on content, style or genre. Second place wins $100; we've added a third place prize of $50 and there will also be three honorable mentions. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2012 issue of Gemini.

          Writers of all levels are welcome. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

          Entry fee: $4 ($3 for each additional entry). Deadline: August 31, 2012. Full details at

          www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 10 7:58 PM
              Subject: flash fiction contest: Gemini Magazine

              Dear Ms. Joseph:

              I'm writing in the hope you can post thebelow contest announcement. By the way, bravoto you for requesting that people not send you LinkedIn invitations. I know theycan be such a distraction. Thanks for all your good work!

              David Bright, Editor

              Gemini Magazine

              Here’s the announcement:

              We are pleased to announce the Fifth AnnualGemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest (www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html)

              GRANDPRIZE: $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each receive$25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2013 issue ofGemini.

              Maximumlength: 1,000 words. Deadline: August 31, 2013. Open to ANY subject, style or genre: experimental,mainstream, noir, fantasy, humor, erotica....Simply send your best, mostpowerful work.

              Why such a low entry fee? So EVERYONE can have a chance. Bothnew and experienced writers have won our contests. Entries are read blind.

              ENTRYFEE: just $4 ($3 for each additional flash). Enter by email or snail mail. Fulldetails at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

              Message 6 of 11 , May 22, 2015

                Knock us out in 1,000 words or less! The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Seventh Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2015. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each win $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2015 issue of Gemini.

                Aside from the word limit, there are no rules in this contest. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

                Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so each entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

                Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details at
                www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

                To get an idea of what we like, check out any of the 38 previous winners/finalists as well as the 26 winners/finalists from our Short Story Contests at the above link.
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 6, 2016

                  The deadline for Gemini Magazine’s Eighth Annual Flash Fiction Contest is August 31. The grand prize is $1,000. Second place wins $100 and four honorable mentions each win $25. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2016 issue of Gemini.

                  Send us a complete story in 1,000 words or less. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules in this contest. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

                  Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so each entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

                  Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details at
                  www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

                  To get an idea of what we like, check out any of the dozens of previous winners/finalists from our Flash Fiction and Short Story Contests at the above link.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 25, 2016

                    The deadline for the eighth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is Wednesday, August 31, 2015. The grand prize is $1,000. There are five additional cash prizes. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2015 issue of Gemini.

                    There is a 1,000-word limit in the competition. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules. We are open to any style, subject or genre.

                    Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so every entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

                    Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details and all previous winners at www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html

                  • CRWROPPS LIST
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 14

                      The deadline for the ninth annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is August 31, 2017. The grand prize is $1,000. There are five additional cash prizes. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini.

                      There is a 1,000-word limit in the competition. Aside from the word limit, there are no rules. We are open to any writing style, subject or genre.

                      Writers' names are removed from entries before reading, so every entry gets an equal chance. Both new and established writers have won our fiction contests.

                      Entry fee: $5 ($4 for each additional entry). Full details and all previous winners at
                      www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html
                      .
                    • CRWROPPS LIST
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 14

                        • 9th Annual Gemini Magazine Flash Fiction Contest
                        • Deadline: August 31, 2017
                          Surprise us. Shock us. Make us fall in love in a complete story of 1,000 words or less! Grand prize: $1,000. Second prize: $100. Four honorable mentions: $25 each. Low entry fee of $5. Any subject, style, or genre. All six finalists will be published online in the October 2017 issue of Gemini. Check out any of the four dozen previous winners and finalists to see what we like. www.gemini-magazine.com/contest.html