call for special section on worker's rights: cream city review

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2011
      cream city review is pleased to announce a special section for our
      upcoming Spring 2011 issue:  “Dispatches from the Front: Labor and the
      Fight For Worker’s Rights”
      http://www.creamcityreview.org/submit/

      Do you have a recent, related experience that you would like to share
      with the world, whether protesting at the Capital in Madison or working
      in your community to support the rights of workers? We are seeking
      submissions of personal narrative, poetry, art, even fiction, that
      seeks to document the ongoing protest over the dissolution of workers'
      rights in Wisconsin.

      Ideally, we are looking for local Wisconsin voices that represent a
      wide rangeof communities and identities, but will also consider work
      from those in solidarity from around the world. We also welcome voices
      of protest from communities impacted by other recent policy enactment
      in Madison (cuts in health care,educations, etc…). Preferencewill be
      given to voices that have fewer resources for having their voice
      inprint; cream city review will also seek to juxtapose those voices
      with workfrom published writers/journalists that offer a personal
      perspective on theirexperience.

      We invite writers and artists to submit their work via our online
      submission manager at
      creamcityreview.org/submissions
      Please selectthe appropriate genre for your work, i.e. “Labor poetry”
      or “Labor visual art,”etc. Submissions selected for this special
      section will be published in or around May/June 2011. Deadline for
      submissions is May 1, 2011.

      Founded in 1975, cream city review is a biannual literary journal,
      edited andpublished by graduate students at the University of Wisconsin
      - Milwaukee. Wereceive support form the Graduate Program in Creative
      Writing, privatedonations, and a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board.
      The journal isdistributed nationally and internationally by Ingram
      Periodicals and can befound in independent and chain booksellers in the
      United States and Canada.More information can be found
      at www.creamcityreview.org