poetry book contest: Black Box Prize

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2011
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      April 4, 2011
      Contact: Lauren Shapiro, Assistant Editor
      <Rescuepress.editors(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @ in sending
      e-mail)
      Website: http://www.rescue-press.org

      Rescue Press Presents:
      THE BLACK BOX POETRY PRIZE
      June, 2011
      Judge: Sabrina Orah Mark

      Rescue Press presents The Black Box Poetry Prize, a contest for
      full-length collections of poetry, open to poets at any stage in their
      writing careers. This year’s submissions will be accepted during the
      month of June, 2011; Sabrina Orah Mark will judge. Submit a $15 (per
      entry) reading fee via the Paypal link on our website (which will be
      posted June 1st). Attach your manuscript and cover letter to an email
      (.pdf or .doc only) addressed to: <rescuepressprize(at)gmail.com>
      (replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail). Manuscript pages must be
      numbered and include a table of contents. Your name should not appear
      in the manuscript beyond the title page, and simultaneous submissions
      are allowed but please notify the editors if your manuscript is
      accepted elsewhere. Students or close friends of the judge are
      ineligible.

      The author of the winning manuscript will receive our standard
      publishing contract and 25 copies of their book as well as some support
      for readings and publicity. Editors may choose to publish additional
      manuscripts; results will be announced in Fall 2011 on our website and
      via email. Please see http://www.rescue-press.org for full guidelines.