call for submissions: the Whistling Fire

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2011
      The Whistling Fire is pleased to announce our June Guest Editor is
      Debbie Graber
      Submission Deadline May 21st

      Dear Writer,
      For reasons unknown even to us, we are compelled to put our thoughts
      and feelings into words. We’re writers, right? We create narratives out
      of the ether, out of the mystery of human experience. We write in
      service of personal and political expression. We write when we are
      furious. We write when we are heartbroken. We write when we can’t think
      of what else to do; we write, as TS Eliot put it, to shore fragments
      against our ruin. However, we don’t always (or often…or ever) get paid
      to write, even though getting paid to write would be awesomely great!
      We do get paid for doing other things, like working a day job that
      keeps us financially afloat while we finish that historical novel about
      Plymouth rock or that screenplay written from a scorpion’s POV. Trouble
      is, day jobs can take up all our free time, zap our energy and make us
      fear for the survival of civilization as a whole. I have a day job and
      it’s both a blessing and a curse. While a non-fiction or poetic rant
      about work might be therapeutic, this month is all about prose fiction.
      Yours. I want to hear about your day job – write about it – whatever
      that inspires. Fiction of any ilk - comedy, tragedy, absurdity or
      anything in between. -Debbie Graber

      Rules: Accepting fiction ONLY, under 3000 words. Please send your
      submissions to <whistlingfire(at)gmail.com> (replace (at) with @).
      Please include the words “June Editor” in your subject line. No more
      than two submissions per author. Must be sent as an attachment (MS
      WORD preferred). Simultaneous submissions accepted. Previously
      published work is also allowed as long as the author retains the
      rights. Please include a short third person bio for our contributor’s
      page. Submissions Close: May 21st.

      Also, there is still time to submit to our May Guest Editor. Find out
      more information at www.whistlingfire.com