writing contests: Tallahassee Writers Association
- The Tallahassee Writers Association is accepting submissions for its
2011 Seven Hills contest: up to 2,500 word short stories, creative
nonfiction, or childrens picture books; and 500 word flash fiction.
Fee: $17 nonmembers, $12 TWA members with paid dues. $100 first place
winners; $75 second; and $50 third; honorable mention, plus publication
in the 2012 Seven Hills Review. Submissions through U.S. mail to TWA
Seven Hills Contest (category of entry), P.O. Box 3428, Tallahassee, FL
32315. Or upload online submissions through
TWAs Penumbra contest is accepting only online submissions through
http://sevenhillsreview.submishmash.com/Submit. Poetry up to 50 lines,
any style or subject; line length may be edited to fit chapbook
publication format; 3-line haiku (need not conform to strict syllable
count). Prizes: Poetry $100, $75, $50; haiku, $50, $35, $20. Fees: $6
per poem; $4 per haiku.
Deadline for Seven Hills and Penumbra contests: Aug. 31, 2011.
for details and submission guidelines.
- TWA Writing contests
See www.twaonline.org for further details on contests and to purchase chapbooks.
Seven Hills Literary Contest
Upload Deadline: Aug. 31, 2012
Short Story 2,500 word maximum, any genre.
Creative Nonfiction 2,500 word maximum. Submissions in this genre could include (but are not limited to) memoir, food or travel writing, personal essays, new journalism, biography, nonfiction stories, and nature writing. The emphasis in creative nonfiction is on factually true yet elegant literary expression.
Children’s Chapter Books 2,500 words maximum. for ages 6-12, with 2,500 word maximum. Submit a synopsis of the chapter book (100 words or less) along with a representative excerpt of 2,500 words. (Note: We offer children’s picture book competition in alternate years.)
Flash Fiction 500 word maximum.
$100 first place, $75 second, and $50 third. Honorable Mention may also be awarded.
· Winners are published in the Seven Hills Review and receive one free copy.
· $17 per entry for nonmembers; $12 per entry for members. No limit on number of entries.
· Entries must be submitted through Submittable.com. See www.twaonline.org for details and link to site.
Penumbra Poetry Contest
Postmark Deadline: Aug. 31, 2012
· Poetry up to 50 lines, any style or subject; line length may be edited to fit chapbook publication format
· Haiku (three lines, but need not conform to strict syllable count)
· Poetry $100 first place winners, $75 second place, third place, $50. Haiku, $50 first, $35 second, $20 third.
· Top four winners in each category are published in the Seven Hills Review and receive a complimentary copy. Some other finalists also may be published.
· $8 per entry nonmembers, $6 current TWA members, $6 nonmembers, and $4 TWA members per haiku. No limit on number of entries.
· All poetry and haiku entries must be submitted online through Submittable.com. Seewww.twaonline.org for details and link to site.
· No limit on number of entries.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]