call for poetry chapbooks: Rock Saw Press

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4 7:10 AM

      Blue Skunk Poetry Series Award

      RockSaw Press is seeking poetry chapbook manuscripts for the second
      annual Blue Skunk Poetry Series Award.
      Reading period: April 2nd through July 15th.
      Reading Fee: $10.
      In Spring of 2012, RockSaw Press will print the winning chapbook in a
      run of 200.
      Finalists will receive a copy of the winning chapbook.
      This year’s contest will be judged by Jude Nutter, author of I Wish I
      Had a Heart Like Yours, Walt Whitman; The Curator of Silence; and
      Pictures of the Afterlife .
      Specific guidelines can be found on the web page:
      http://www.rocksawpress.com/blueskunk.html

      Why Blue Skunk? The Blue Skunk Poetry Series is named for the literal
      translation of Mankato, the home base of RockSaw Press. When naming the
      town, the intention was to name it Mahkato, which in Dakota meant Blue
      Earth. However, thanks to a typographical error, it was named Mankato.
      Or, Blue Skunk. No one’s capitalized on the error in the literary
      world, so we thought we would.

      RockSaw Press is a small chapbook press based out of Mankato, MN. We
      are seeking manuscripts that reflect the blue collar working class, the
      Midwest, or any combination or extrapolation thereof. Our authors have
      come from all over the country. Visit us online at RockSawPress.com for
      more information.

      RockSaw Press General Submissions

      RockSaw Press is seeking poetry chapbook manuscripts for general
      publication.
      Reading period: April 2nd through July 15th.
      No reading fee.
      In Spring of 2012, RockSaw Press will publish two manuscripts in a run
      of 200 each.
      Specific guidelines can be found on the web page:
      http://www.rocksawpress.com/submit.html