call for submissions:Sundryed Affairs

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2011
      Sundryed Affairs is a new online collective of ideas, primarily by
      writers of color. We publish accessible nonfiction prose of all genres,
      sub-genres, and non-genres, including, but not limited to: essay,
      memoir, satire, list, personal narrative, instructional manual,
      reportage, and letter. Subject matter is also open to the imagination.

      The name is a play on the words “sundry,” meaning various, and
      “sundried,” which calls up images of brown. We hope to make a space for
      writers of color to share an array of ideas, whether on politics or
      music, travel or family, from the very personal to the universal, in an
      environment that feels inclusive and familiar while still being
      distinctly fresh.

      There are no guidelines for submitted work other than high-quality
      writing. Please direct all inquiries and submissions to Kyla Marshell,
      <khellonmars(at)gmail.com>, or Anthony Dean-Harris,
      <anthonydeanharris(at)gmail.com> Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail.
      Accepted work will be edited for grammatical correctness only.