call for submissions:KWELI

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2011
      Call for submissions: Kweli Journal

      “Finally a smart and well curated literary space for writers of color
      that encourages experimentation. A place to commune. A place to read
      new contemporary voices that deserve our attention. Bravo!” Angie
      Cruz, author of Soledad and Let It Rain Coffee, a finalist for the
      Impac Dublin Award in 2007.

      Our premiere issue featured the poetry of Patricia Spears Jones, the
      prose of Nelly Rosario and a photo essay by Thomas Sayers Ellis.

      We are now calling for submissions to our Spring/Summer 2011 issue.

      Add your voice. Share your visions. Join Jennine Capó Crucet, Camille
      Dungy, Jeffery Renard Allen, Amaud Johnson and John Murillo.

      * * *

      SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

      Our submission guidelines have been recently revised. Please see the
      following link for complete instructions.

      http://www.kwelijournal.org

      Please read what we have already published, and then submit your own
      work.

      Please provide the following:

      A cover letter telling us something about yourself. Please include
      current contact information (full name, mailing address, telephone
      number(s), e-mail address), title(s) of submitted work and genre.

      Fiction: We primarily look for short stories, but novel excerpts are
      acceptable if self-contained. Prose should be double-spaced on one
      side.

      Nonfiction: We primarily look for personal essays, but memoir excerpts
      are acceptable if self-contained. Prose should be double-spaced on one
      side.

      Poetry: Send up to three poems at a time. Single-space, please; set
      your poem as you want it to appear on the printed page.

      GENERAL GUIDELINES

      Send one prose piece and up to three poems at a time. Please send
      genres separately as outlined on our website.

      Kweli does not accept previously published work.

      Simultaneous submissions are acceptable as long as they are indicated
      as such. Authors must immediately notify the
      editors(at)kwelijournal.org if said work has been selected for
      publication in another periodical, either in print or online.

      NEW SUBMISSIONS POLICY

      All work must be submitted by email AND regular mail.

      Submission deadline: April 25, 2011.

      Send all email submissions to: submissions(at)kwelijournal.org

      Mail required material to:

      Kweli Journal, Inc.
      P.O. Box 693
      New York, New York 10021
      ATTN: "Poetry Editor," "Fiction Editor," or "Nonfiction Editor"

      Please see the following link for complete instructions.
      http://www.kwelijournal.org

      Thank you.