call for submissions: SWEET

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2011
      Sweet publishes emerging and established writers three times a
      year--September,

      January, and May. Past contributors include: Lee Martin, Tim Seibles,
      Lee Ann
      Roripaugh, Ann Panning, Aimee Nezhukamatathil, Nin Andrews, Dinty W.
      Moore.

      Sweet seeks only poetry and creative nonfiction, graphic nonfiction and
      anything

      in between. Sorry, fiction writers! We read submissions all year.
      Simultaneous
      submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately if your
      work has
      been taken by another literary journal (we'd like to be the first to
      congratulate you). Our preferred submission size is 3-5 poems. For
      creative
      non-fiction, we prefer 2-3 short-short creative nonfiction pieces or
      one longer
      one. Essays should not exceed 3,500 words total.

      For Graphic Nonfiction: Sweet welcomes submissions of previously
      unpublished
      nonfiction cartoons, graphic narratives and photo essays that
      demonstrate both
      artistic and literary merit. We are interested in traditional forms
      and new
      innovative techniques. Submissions can be in color or black and white.
      Please
      format submission in a single .doc, as a .pdf or a .jpg series.

      We accept submissions through our online submission manager. Please
      include a
      brief cover letter and bio with your submission. Also, after sending us
      portfolio of work, please wait to hear back before sending another.

      If you have any questions, email: <editors(at)sweetlit.com> (replace
      (at) with @ in sending e-mail)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2014
        http://www.sweetlit.com/guidelines.php

        Sweet is seeking nonfiction for its seventh anniversary year: memoir, lyric, personal, literary, essay, graphic. We're looking for work with heart and guts and moxie. We're looking for nonfiction that our readers need.

        We prefer 2-3 short-short creative nonfiction pieces or one longer one. Essays should not exceed 1,500 words total.

        Sweet publishes emerging and established writers three times a year. For more information, see our submission guidelines at our homepage: Sweet