call for submissions: Gertrude

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2011
      Gertrude, the biannual literary and arts publication of Gertrude Press
      seeks
      submissions of fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction for its
      upcoming issue.

      Gertrude accepts manuscripts from new and established writers and
      artists.
      Subject matter need not be LGBTQA-specific and we welcome writers and
      artists
      from all backgrounds. We accept simultaneous submissions with
      notification. We
      do not accept previously published work. Please note that we do not
      publish
      novels. We read chapbook manuscripts ONLY through our annual
      competition
      (currently open).
      Gertrudeaccepts surface mail submissions and electronic submissions
      submitted
      through our online submission form only. For surface mail include a
      cover letter

      and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for reply. Do not place
      your name
      directly on manuscripts. Submissions that do not include an SASE will
      be
      discarded. We shred and recycle all unused manuscripts.
      For electronic submissions, please use our online submission form only:
      http://www.gertrudepress.org/submit/
      Poetry:Submit up to six poems of any subject matter. There is no line
      limit;
      however, poems less than 60 lines are preferable.
      Fiction/Novel Excerpts*/Creative Nonfiction:Submit one to two pieces,
      double-spaced, up to 3000 words, of any subject matter. Include a word
      count for

      each piece in your cover letter.
      Interviews:Please query the editor by email with your proposal.
      Art:Gertrude showcases one visual artist per issue, including
      full-color cover
      and six to eight black and white images inside the journal. To submit
      artwork
      for future issues, please send slides, prints (do not send originals),
      or a
      website URL to the attention of the art editor.
      Send all manuscripts and artwork to:
      Gertrude Press
      PO Box 83948
      Portland OR 97283
      *Gertrude Press does not publish novels at this time.