call for submissions: the Splinter Generation

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2011
      Two Weeks Left to Submit to The Splinter Generation

      There are two weeks left to submit to The Splinter Generation. Our
      latest open reading will close March 15, 2011.

      http://www.splintergeneration.com/
      Open Reading from January 15th-March 15th

      The Splinter Generation, a literary journal for and about people born
      between 1973 and 1993, has begun its next reading period and is now
      accepting submissions for creative nonfiction, fiction and poetry.

      We’re looking for the most powerful work you have—work that makes us
      look at ourselves in a new way and work that challenges (or, you know,
      confirms in some subversi...ve way) the stereotypes that paint our
      generation as lazy or stupid or narcissistic or victims of the times.
      But it’s not just for the kiddies anymore. If you have a poem, story,
      or nonfiction piece that relates to those in the Splinter Generation or
      Generation Me, send it our way.

      Take a look at what we’ve previously published to get a sense of what
      we’re seeking. But we can tell you this much right now: we exist
      because we want to feature the best new voices we can find — voices
      that aren’t just of the moment, but will still be meaningful when
      future generations look back at the journal. Just make sure you wrap us
      up in what you have to say. Make us feel. Make us think. And help us
      advance what literature can be online.

      For more on why we call ourselves The Splinter Generation, go here.

      To submit, please follow these guidelines:

      All submission are to be emailed to the proper genre gmail account with
      your last name and the word “submission” in the subject line. ex: Smith
      Submission

      A brief cover letter with your name, year you were born, city of
      residence, and titles of submission is required.

      Previously published work may be considered, but please let us know the
      details of the previous publication in the cover letter.

      Simultaneous submissions are accepted and encouraged. If you do submit
      simultaneously, please let us know immediately if you’ve been accepted
      elsewhere.

      (Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail messages).

      Fiction: email submission to <splinterfiction(at)gmail.com>. Maximum
      3000 words. You may query for longer work. Please send work in a .doc
      or .txt document, but not in a .docx. Also, include your name and
      contact info on the document itself.

      Nonfiction: email submission to <splintercnf(at)gmail.com>. Maximum
      3000 words. You may query for longer work. Please send work in a .doc
      or .txt document, but not in a .docx. Also, include your name and
      contact info on the document itself.

      Poetry: email submission to <splinterpoetry(at)gmail.com>. Maximum
      three poems, no longer than five pages, posted into the body of an
      email. If the poem is unable to go in the email due to form
      considerations, then please attach one document containing all poems
      being submitted.

      Deadline: Our current reading period is open from January 15,
      2011-March 15, 2011.

      Submissions that don’t meet our guidelines will be sent back unread, so
      please be sure to read this page carefully.

      Certain authors we publish before May 15th may be asked to read, either
      remotely or in person, at a reading series in Los Angeles this summer.

      For any other requests, correspondence or to be added to our
      newsletter, please email <splintergeneration(at)gmail.com> (replace
      (at) with @ in sending e-mail) or go to our website at
      www.splintergeneration.com.