fiction contest deadline extended: Sycamore Review
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: 2011 WABASH PRIZE FOR FICTION
Deadline: now March 8, 2011
Final Judge: Antonya Nelson, author of 10 award-winning books of fiction, and the recipient of the Rea Award for Short Fiction, an NEA Grant, and a Guggenheim Fellowship.
Prize: $1,000 and publication in the Summer/Fall 2011 issue of Sycamore Review
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
1. Submit one story or collection of related short shorts per standard entry. Please do not send excerpts or chapters of novels. Entries may be no more than 10,000 words.
2. A $15 reading fee (check or money order) payable to Sycamore Review must accompany each entry. The reading fee includes a copy of the prize issue. You may send more than one story, but each additional story must be accompanied by an additional $15 reading fee.
3. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable only if Sycamore Review is notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
4. All entries must be typed and must include a cover letter with the author's name and contact information (mailing address, telephone number, and email address) as well as the titles and word counts of all stories submitted. Information that identifies the author should NOT appear on the manuscript itself.
5. Manuscript pages should be numbered and should include the title of the piece. Manuscript pages should be double spaced.
6. Please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard if you wish to be notified upon receipt of your manuscript.
7. Manuscripts will not be returned. The winner will be announced by June 1, 2011 on Sycamore's website.
8. All contest submissions will be considered for regular inclusion in Sycamore Review.
9. All entries must be previously unpublished.
10. Questions may be directed to <sycamore(at)purdue.edu>. Replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail.
Send 2011 Wabash Prize for Fiction submissions and reading fee to:
2011 Wabash Prize for Fiction
Department of English
500 Oval Drive
West Lafayette , IN 47907